Who Toffee Killed

Star slouched on her throne, ignoring her mother's speech about throne posture. She shouldn't have snapped at Marco. She shouldn't have been stupid enough to let Ludo get the wand. Everything was her fault. Star choked back her tears and excused herself from the royal sitting room with a curtsy. She picked up her skirt and ran up the stairs, crying softly. She reached her bedroom and plopped down underneath the faded pink canopy. Nobody would understand except... And that's when Star lost it. Her hands clenched up. "TOFFEE TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME, EVERYTHING! HE RUINED EVERYTHING!" Star shouted furiously. "He took--" Star couldn't even finish her sentence. Star remembered his cute little face, his tiny little fingers, she ached to hold her baby brother. Toffee had kidnapped him and murdered him. Star had been forced to watch it all, every haunting moment. He'd pried their eyes open, making them gawk as he drained the life from Star's only sibling. And now Marco. Toffee had made her lose Marco. "Not again." Star whispered into her pillow. "I will never let you hurt my family again." And with that, Star made a plan to get Marco back. It may have been too late for her brother, but it wasn't too late for Marco.