Chapter 10

......I had become a monster.

~~Flashback~~

October 17, 1910

It was a cold wet night. I had been visiting my sister, Maria, who had just given birth to my one and only niece, Alissa. I was walking home and I decided to cut through the woods because my husband the coldest most hateful man ever had told me I was to be home by 11 p.m. My husband wasn't always like this. Before our marriage I was...happy. But the day after the wedding well he got mad and he...hit me. Lots of times. He has been hitting, kicking, cutting, and starving (because he thought I was fat) ever since the day we started living our "fairytale". I walked into the woods. It was even darker than on the streets...and quieter. I continued walking through the forest even though I was really creeped out by the stillness of the trees. But then it came out of nowhere. I felt a searing pain on the side of my neck. The last thing I remember of that night would be hearing the words "You'll thank me later."

~~End of Flashback~~

After I had gotten the cuts to stop bleeding I went into my bedroom and put on some Aero sweats and matching hoodie. Even though I was a vampire and never got cold I still needed to act the human part because nobody knew my secret. I had never told anyone. I just didn't want them to freak out and leave me alone. I did drink human blood but I did it only when I needed to. I wished there was another way of living but unfortunately there wasn't. I raced out of my room not using my vamp speed. And to my surprise all the other girls were all dressed and ready.

"We can only take 5" I said

"I know" Cassie stated

"I say we take Halle, Maddy, Elizabeth, Cassie, and me since I'm the only one who can drive" I said. They all nodded their heads.

"I'll stay here." Erika said

"Let's go." I said grabbing my keys on the way to my car...