Chapter 1||"you're so cool"

"oh ashton you're so cool." one of the cheerleaders giggled, placing a small hand on the new boys muscly arm. the boy flushed red and smiled at her.

i cringed at her sad attempt of flirting and groaned from the seat behind, making her turn round and look at me.

"can i help you?" she looked me up and down spitefully, waiting on her answer.

"you're making a fool of yourself. you're acting dumb to try and make a boy like you, when actually boys like strong, independent, smart women who know what they want." i lent forward on my elbow and winked at the new boy, he was very attractive to give her the benefit of the doubt.

"and what do you know about boys? just because you look like every boys wet dream doesn't mean you're an expert on them." she was referring to how short my school skirt was and how tight my shirt was round my chest area.

"i dress to please myself, not others." i skimmed my eyes over what she was wearing, she was dressed very appropriately for school, except she had a bright pink bra shining through her white shirt.

"hey wait, you're astrid liverpool, aren't you?" the new boy turned to me. i wasn't surprised he'd heard of me, many people have.

"the one and only." i laughed, obviously joking. the cheerleader scoffed,

"how on earth do you know her but not me?" ashton looked like she'd just asked the most obvious question ever,

"everyone knows astrid, she's like the coolest person about, well so i've heard." ashton didn't once take his eyes off me, and i felt my cheeks burn up a little.

"how? just because she sleeps around? she's not even popular!" the girl seemed to be getting very worked up by the fact he knew me but not the head cheerleader, and i found it hilarious.

"just because she isn't popular doesn't mean she can't be cool. also if she sleeps around it's her choice." ashton gave me a light smile before turning back to the front of the class.

after class my best friend evie came running up to me.

"woah slow down, you're going to hurt yourself running at that speed." i grabbed onto her shoulders to stop her from smacking me back into my class.

"okay but have you seen that new boy? his name's ashton irwin and he's a dream." i laughed at evie's dazed state. he was an extremely good looking boy, rather dream like.

"yeah, i just spoke to him, he's in my maths class." as if on cue, ashton walked out of the class, bumping into my shoulder.

"oh my god i'm sorry, i'm such a klutz." ashton rubbed my shoulder, making sure it was alright.

"honestly, i think i'll be okay." i laugh at his frantic state. ashton left his hand sitting on my shoulder for a few more seconds, and just looked me in the face, seeming completely mesmerised by something, before realising what he was doing and snapping his hand away.

"right yeah sorry, i'll see you around astrid." he gave me a small wave before quickly walking into the crowds. i turned back round to face evie who was stood, mouth hanging open.

"what just happened?" evie seemed in complete shock and i just shrugged. "dude, astrid it was like a scene from some crappy teen romance, he was bloody stunned by you."

"oh shut up. don't over analysis things, come on, let's go get lunch."