Thirty-One: Camping

MADISON'S POV

It was now around 9am, and we had arrived last night. I was the only one awake at the cabin, as I woke up early to make a big breakfast. Normally I wouldn't do this, but today was Luke's 21st birthday.

It seemed unreal. Ashton was 23, and the other three boys were now 21. I was 16. I met them right before I turned 14, and I didn't think this would be my life a little more than two years later. Luke and I absolutely hated each other two years ago.

I laugh lightly at that, look at us now. Luke and I definitely don't hate each other anymore. Michael had James and I share a room, despite not wanting Greg and Violet to share one. It was obvious what he was trying to do, but I just snorted at his attempts.

We got here around dinner last night, so we grilled something up before sitting around the fire. We were all really tired, so we didn't do anything yesterday. I also made my hair lilac again when I woke up this morning, just because Luke told me he liked it. Luke's was completely washed out, and mine was before I sprayed more stuff in.

I heard footsteps on the stairs and looked to see the boys coming into the kitchen. I saw a tired Luke biting his lip and looking at my purple hair, just rolling my eyes.

"Happy birthday, Luke." I wave at him, and all the boys. I give Luke a quick hug, not showing too much affection because Michael's in here. "I made breakfast, help yourselves." I shoo the boys over, sitting down on one if the stools. I had already eaten before they woke up, having some bacon and a crêpe. I made crêpe's, bacon, eggs, hash browns, and there was a make your own omelet station set up.

I hear Ashton moan after his first bite of the crêpe and laugh. The boys are enjoying breakfast with a small chat, Luke and Michael talking again.

"How early did you wake up to make this, Mads?" I shrug at Calum while picking at my nails.

"Well I got up at seven and took a quick shower before making it, not too early considering the time we went to bed." I giggle and they nod as we hear more footsteps coming down the stairs, ah the other three teens in the house.

The boys are no longer teenagers and haven't been for quite some time actually. So, I've been the lone teenager in the house for a while now and it's nice that I have friends here with me. Greg and I aren't exceptionally close, but I've known him since I started public school and have his number. Close enough I guess. After we've eaten breakfast, I ask Luke to come upstairs. He new, following suit.

I take him into mine and James' room and go under my bed, grabbing his gifts.

"You didn't have to buy me anything." I force him to take the gifts and he gasps as he opens them. I got him a few new albums he's been wanting, and I know he's been wanting to go hang out with all time low again so I got him two concert tickets and backstage passes.

I had a lot saved up, extra money from when I go to the mall, just stuff I had saved. He hugs me, thanking me profusely and I laugh. It's not a big deal, I got Brianna all time low tickets for her birthday too, just not backstage passes.

"We can't kiss or do anything on my birthday." Luke groans, jutting out his bottom lip.

"Anything?" I raise an eyebrow and he blushes.

"Well I mean- you're old enough. Just- whatever you were comfortable with." I snort at him, shooing him out of the room. Jesus Luke is a fuckboy, I swear. How did I not notice this before? I send him downstairs to get Greg, and go wait across the hall in his room. Well, his and Violet's. I need to have a chat with him.

"You wanted to see me?" Greg walks in, shutting the door behind him. I nod, smiling innocently.

"If you hurt or take advantage of my sister, I will chop your balls off and shove a tiny needle up your dick." I smile, him nodding as I skip out of the room. Now that that's done, I'm all set. I just figured he should know.