Four: Michael

MADISON'S POV

I see Michael waiting, and yell to him. Somehow Calum has already made himself scarce, and Michael turns to me with a big smile on his face, pale skin highlighting his red hair. He pulls me into a hug and mumbles something into my hair, and we stay like this for a while.

"Okay, I figured since its like six in the morning, and neither of us have slept in like 48 hours, we could go to the bus and take a small nap and shower and then get on with out day. " he says and I sigh in relief.

"Thank god. My eyes kill. This is why you're my favorite. Don't tell the other boys." he giggled as we ran up to the empty tour bus that hasn't moved in two days, and climbed in to take a nap. I fall asleep almost instantly.

•••

When I wake up, it's about 11:30 and Michael is still passed out. I reach for my now fully charged phone, and go on twitter.

@Irwinscake why are the boys spending their days off with her? They should've left her back at the orphanage in Australia.

I frown at the tweet, pictures of me and the boys pop up. Where we're people taking pictures of Michael and I hugging from? I blow it off, and continue scrolling.

@HollaBackHood lol Madison is so ugly, I bet she's really bitchy too. What size is that sweater, extra large? So now she's fat, ugly, and bitchy?

@Lukesgiraffe Madison should do everyone a favor and kill herself. The world would be a better place.

@StaticClifford Ew Madison is in London right now. I don't want her breathing my air.

I turn off my phone, not bothering to exit twitter as the tears stream down my face. How can people be so cruel to someone they've never met? What exactly could I have done? I mean I get I wasn't always the nicest person when the boys adopted me, but I never did anything to their fans, did I?

No, I didn't. I wipe my tears away as I get up to take a shower. I take the quickest shower possible, and throw on a pair of ripped grunge black skinnies, with a red and black flannel. I put my studded high top converse on as well.

I leave my hair in small waves, throwing a black beanie over it. I also slip on an all time low bracelet, and my 'i hate the sun' earrings. I apply my usually red lipstick, and do my eye makeup as well. I exit the bathroom to find Michael not in his bed, but mine.

"Madison, were you reading these?" Michael holds my phone up to the tweets. I suck in a breath before slowly nodding.

"It's fine Michael, they don't bother me." I lie, shrugging like they didn't, and for a second it looks like he believes me.

"Madison, you were crying. Your pillow is wet." his eyes flash with concern and I shrug. "How often do you read these Mads?" he questions and I shrug.

"This was the first time." Lie. I read them a lot while I'm alone, and that's often.

"No it's not. Tell me how often you really read them, Mads." it gets quiet, so quiet as we look at each other, and I dart my eyes away from his face, up at his hair. The only sounds are cars driving by, and what sounds like fans outside the tour bus. Great.

"Um, maybe once or twice a week." lie again. He knows it too, by the way I'm not looking him in the eye. He just gives me a look saying 'tell me the truth' and I crack. "Most of the time I'm alone, sometimes even doing school work." I mumble. I never used to read them, but they've gotten more frequent.

Now that I'm alone more often, it's just the curiosity of reading them while they're clogging my mentions.

"I-is this why you've been so different? Because you read these while you're alone? We do leave you alone a lot..." He trails off, probably feeling bad now. I don't want him to feel bad, there's nothing to feel bad about. They don't choose to leave me alone, they're on tour.