Love Like This -Sequel Part Eight

We spent the entire day arguing over this. Him trying to get me to come with him and me trying to explain how none of it made sense.  By the time dad came to drop the kids off I was tired and frustrated. 

"Whats wrong?" he asked

He was the last person I wanted to talk to. But he was there and he was concerned

"John wants me to come on tour with him" I told him

"So why aren't you going?" he asked

"What?" Why doesn't anyone see that what he wants me to do makes no sense at all?!

"Why aren't you going" he repeated as if it was that simple

"Because dad, it means dropping everything and just running away pretty much"

"Your whole life, you had to take care of everyone else" he said "why can't you just let someone else take care of you for a change?"

I was taken aback

"What if it doesn't work out dad.." I said softly

"And what if it does?" he replied simply. Same thing John said. 

"Look, I know I don't deserve the title of father because I've been a lousy one. But you deserve happiness. John makes you happy. Simple as that. Take a leap of faith"

With that, he left.

"I'll come with you" John had just come out of the shower. "What?" he said, completely caught off guard . "I'll come with you. On tour" I said "I'll do it. I'll take the leap"

That was the first time I'd said it loud and it was exhilerating.

"Are you serious?" He said, running over to hug me "You don't know how much this means to me"

I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him

"I love you"

"I love you too"

A week later. One long week if you ask me. Lisa and Jason were busy packing. Dad was beyond excited I could tell. During the time we had spent together we had reconnected. He and John had bonded and I was happy about that.  The thought of packing up my entire life and leaving with John seemed crazy but I wanted to be with him. He was the risk I was willing to take. We'd decided to leave the apartment vacant in case we ever wanted to come back. Dad, Lisa and Jason would be living together in New York and I would be visiting them in the Summer.

I spent the night before they left thinking about how proud I was of the people they'd grown up to be. Amazing. Thats what they were.  They could have easily become screw ups. But no, they fought and they fought hard. They deserved to have dad back in their lives. 

"You guys got everything?" I asked making sure that no one had left anything behind.

"Yeah. Made sure of that" Jason said

I sighed

"I'm going to miss you guys. So much"

I walked over to where they were standing and gave the two of them the biggest hug

"We're going to miss you too" Jason whispered in my ear. 

"Guys we need to be start off" Dad said as he walked over to us.

"Bye guys!" I couldn't help but tear up at the thought of not seeing them everyday

"Sara, I know I've told you before but let me just say, again how proud I am of you. You've exceeded all my expectations. You're strong, just like your mother. I am so proud of you"

"Thanks dad" I hugged him and he patted me on the back

"You take care of her now" He said looking at John

John laughed

"Definitely"

I waved till they were out of sight. Me and John went back inside to get ready. We had a trip of our own to make. 

"You and me" he said. I smiled.

"You're all I have right now" I said truthfully "I love you"

"For the rest of my life. I'll love you too"