Love Like This -Sequel Part Two

My heart stopped. I froze. The tears came out hot and heavy. I made no attempt to whipe them away. My frozen hands still clutched the post card. My mouth went dry and I felt like I was going to be sick. Why now? When everything was going well? Lisa and Jason were going to graduate soon. I had John. I had a job that I loved. I was happy. I was happy for fucks sake! After so long! After years and years of pain and anger and built up resentment. Why did the selfish bastard have to show up now. I was shaking in anger. I grined my teeth. I wasn't  sad anymore. Just unbelievable angry. All the years I had to struggle to keep the family going. All the years I had to do everything on my own. 

He thinks he could just come back now and make everything alright? Now? No. To hell with him if he thinks he could just come back and play the role of dad. Now that the hard  part's over. I heard Jasons voice in Lisa's bedroom and realized something. Was I going to tell them about this? About him coming back? Did he deserve to be apart of their lives? No. But I knew that it was upto them. I opened my mouth to call them when I heard the door unlock. I whiped my face with my sleeve and tried as best to look like I hadn't been crying. 

"John? John!" I squealed as I dropped everything I was holding and ran as fast I could into his arms. "What are you even doing here? Omygosh John you came!" I sputtered as I clung to him like my life depended on it.  He laughed.  That laugh. I missed that laugh so much.

"Surprise! I got you good didn't I?" His arms clung to my waist. "You didn't think I would miss your birthday would I?"

Its true. He had never missed a birthday of mine. Just like I'd never missed one of his. I finalled loosened the grip I had on him and backed away to face him. He looked the same. A bit tanned from the hours he had spent in the sun but other than that, the same nose, the same hazel eyes. The same hair that clung over his eyes. The same smile.  Two years and he still looked at me like I was only girl in the world.  He leaned in to kiss me and I closed my eyes as his lips met mine. 

Electric. The only way I could describe it. His kiss lit every single cell in my body on fire. I swear that moment lasted forever.