Chapter 28

~~Rays pov~~

"I'm here to see Kelly Michelle Woods." I blurt out when I reach the front desk, causing the nurse with blonde hair rolled up into a bun, wearing her blue nurse outfit, green eyes, and holding her blue clipboard in her hands along with a pen. She jumps as her eyes meet mine and seems startled by me.

"Room 234." She responds. "Are you her boyfriend?" She grins as her eyes look down at my hands, gripping the bouquet of pink and red roses with a large bow wrapped around the steams. I look down at the roses and open my mouth to say something but no words came out.

They probably won't let me in unless I'm family or. . .

My mind wondered off to somewhere else as I finally found my words. "Y-yes." I lie.

When I reach room 234 I found myself starting to get scared as I walk into the room. I am quickly taken back at the sight and found my eyes tearing up again. Kelly lays on the hospital bed, bruises covering her body and a few cuts and scratches on her arms. Tubes surround her and many machines to help her breathe and stay alive.

~~Kelly's pov~~ 

Imagine this: you are lying in a hospital bed, in a coma, apparently dead to what is happening around you. But you experience it all the same, hear what is being said about and to you, and try in vain to communicate with your loved ones and the world outside.

I couldn't open my eyes, I couldn't move, and I couldn't talk, but I could certainly hear what was happening around me and try to figure out who's talking. I couldn't remember how I ended up in the hospital or what made me go into this coma. I only know what I hear from the doctors and nurses.

In fact, I can barely remember people I knew before this happened. Barely. I remember my sister, Bella who is dead, I remember a blonde fourteen year old boy named Henry, I remember Brent Armstrong, Brooklyn Hayes and I think I knew someone named. . .Ray Manchester.

Not being able to remember much or do anything is frustrating.

"K-Kelly?" I hear someone stutter out as sniffling happens. "I know you probably can't hear me but this is Ray."

"I'm sorry for everything that happened. I'm sorry that I slapped you and that I made you leave the lair, this is all my fault. Why is everything my fault?" He continues to babble on about other stuff. "How am I suppose to get Annabel back? I have no one to help me, your in a coma and Henry's still in the hospital because of Brent."

Henry? Brent?

"I hope when you come back you'll remember me, Annabel, and Henry." He suddenly stops talking as I felt fingertips running across my arms. "Come back to me. Come bother me like old times, please don't leave me." At this point I could hear him crying.

Open! Open your eyes!

"Don't leave me. I've already suffered from Bella dying and Annabel being kidnapped by Brent, Henry shot in his leg, and I kicked Brooklyn out of the lair. I'm all alone now, I want you back in my arms, I want to tease you when you get mad, I want you back home. Please wake up, it's already been two days. My heart aches when your in pain, I need you with me please," his voice cracks, "come bother me. You make me so weak inside and you leave me breathless, I can't imagine a world without your love and even forever doesn't seem like long enough."

~~Ray's pov~~

You make me so weak inside and you leave me breathless, I can't imagine a world without your love and even forever doesn't seem like long enough.

I said that exact same thing to Bella before we divorced and now I'm saying it to Kelly. It's like everything I said and did to Bella is now coming back to haunt me and Kelly is in Bella's place.

After I was forced to leave her room, I went to go visit Henry. Henry's frown quickly turns into a grin as I walk over to him and sits next to him. "Where's Kelly? Can you tell me everything that has happened since I've been in here?"

After I explained everything about Kelly getting in a coma, to Brooklyn setting us up and me kicking her out of the liar, to how we still haven't found Annabel. Henry's face looked astonished as he shakes his head. "It's almost Christmas." Henry breaks the uncomfortable silence.

"I know," I choke on my own words, "I won't be able to spend Christmas with my own daughter or Kelly. I'll come visit you on Christmas." Henry smiles weakly as he leans back and rest his head on the pillow behind him.

"I don't understand why I can't leave, they've already taken the bullet out of my leg and everything else like that."

I bite my lower lip, nervously and can feel my heart start to race, thinking of how I'm going to get Annabel back before she's gone forever. "Why is it so hard to find Annabel?" I ask myself, grabbing Henry's attention.

"What do you think Brent is going to do next?"

I look up into Henry's eyes and shake my head, shrugging. "I don't know," I breathe out watching the disappointment in his eyes and the tears threatening to spill.  

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! :)