Chapter 29

~~Scarlet's pov~~

"Scarlet I swear if you don't stop kicking my car door and window I will-" Rose covers her mouth as she turns to look back at me with pleading eyes. Rebecca mumbles the rest of her sentence in Rose's hand before licking her hand, causing Rose to squeal and rub her hand on the car seat.

Rose convinced me to stop but without hesitation I pulled out my phone and carefully typed in the numbers 9-1-1 before the car swings to the side. My head slams into the window and before I could press the call button, the phone flies out of my hand and into the front of the car. Rebecca laughs under her breath as she looks back at me. "I have the eyes of a eagle Scarlet, that was a terrible mistake."

"My fingers slipped on the screen and accidently typed in those numbers-" Before I could finish my sentence Rebecca reaches for my phone and rolls down her window.

"Let's see maybe I should put your dad's phone number in here," she rest her left arm on the outside of the car, sticking the phone out of the car. I watch as she presses Contacts and I start to get nervous as the wind blows harder. She purposely let's the phone fall out of her hand and in a split second the phone flies out of the car and is far beyond my eye sight as I turn around, "oops, I accidently let the phone slip out of my fingers."

"Rebecca! That was not the right thing to do." Rose huffs.

"She was going to call the police and I really don't want to hear Brent argue with us about the police on us."

"Who's Brent? Is Brent my father or just another guy?" Not remembering who my father was when I was younger or what he looked like is tragic. Especially since I'm meeting him today.

Rebecca looks back at me. "You don't remember who your father is?" I shake my head.

"Or what he looks like?" Rose questions and I shake my head.

"Well Brent is your father," Rebecca says pressing her lips together before adding, " he might not have the same last name as you because of past events, but he is your birth father."

Rose smiles. "I always wondered who Logan's daughter was." She switches the conversation and Rebecca shakes her head, frustrated.

"Why? You know we have to get rid of him tonight?"

Rose nods her head. "I know."

I sigh as I search underneath the car seats wondering if there's anything that can help me escape. My eyes wonder over to a small suitcase under Rebecca's seat and I pull it out from under the seat. "What's in this?" I quiz as Rebecca suddenly snaps at me.

"Scarlet you better not open that."

"Seriously don't," Rose whispers.

I slowly open the case and watch as Rebecca reaches for something by her side. My face completely drops as I sit there, speechless as my eyes glance over at a picture of Annabel. A yellow sticky note reading "Prom night: Friday night at 10:00pm-11:30pm." Another sticky note reads "Get dynamite."

Before I could check anything else I hear Rebecca hiss at me. 

"Scarlet Isabel Brown close it before I blow your brains out." I didn't even notice that the car had stopped on the side of the road as I glance up to meet Rebecca's dark eyes. She's holding a pistol in her hand that is pointed right at my forehead and I felt my breathing pick up as I close the case and watch as Rose slowly takes it out of my hands.

"You never listen do you?" I say nothing to Rose.

"Well I'm telling you this now that you are going to want to stop misbehaving when you see you father. Annabel has been doing the opposite of what he's been telling her and she's gone through a lot of pain. If your father doesn't punish you like he does to Annabel then I will whether he likes it or not."

"Rebecca you know we aren't suppose to hurt Annabel or his daughter without him knowing."

Rebecca puts her finger next to the trigger and I finally start to shake uncontrollably. I couldn't stop the tears that were starting to form in my eyes, and the fear in my heart. "Does it look like I care? Brent wants to keep everything a secret and if Scarlet figures everything out she'll tell somebody. He can deal with me but I'm just doing my part, my job, my promises that I made to him to keep this a secret."

Rose glances over at me. "What all did you see and read?"

I clear my throat, forcing myself not to shed a tear. "I only saw a picture of Annabel, a sticky note that had the date about the Winter Prom and another one that talked about getting dynamite." I could feel Rebecca's intense stare as I focused on Rose, she had a apologetic look on her face.

"Scarlet look at me," I slowly let my eyes find their way back to Rebecca, "you have to swear to us that you won't tell a single soul about anything you saw."

I nod. "I swear I won't tell anybody."

Rebecca's muscles relaxed and she slowly put the gun back where it was before. "Good because I wouldn't hesitate to kill you even if Brent argues with me."

"Okay let's go home before anything else happens." Rose chirps, trying to lighten the mood as Rebecca puts her foot on the pedal and we find our way back on the road.

When we get "home" I notice the lights are on in the cabin and Rebecca turns the car off. We step out and onto the porch as Rebecca slowly swings the door open. Rose gives me the signal to be quiet since it's dark already and nobody is in the living room. There is a white small couch with matching pillows that have flower designs on them, a small coffee table on the right and left of the couch, a white lamp on each coffee table.

Then there was a kitchen with a sink, oven, and a white fridge, papers on top of a white clean counter and a circled table that has five chairs all around the table. The chairs were black, followed by the table that had a flower pot in the center of the table.

We step inside and the warmth quickly consumes me and I suddenly feel relaxed. That is until I felt someone wrap a blanket around me and my muscles quickly tense up. "Relax little one." A dark voice whispers and before I can turn around to meet this person behind me he adds. "It's been so long since I saw you."

I am quickly pulled into an embrace from behind and hear sniffles as someone rest their chin on my head. Rebecca and Rose had left the room and I watch as this man behind me intertwines our fingers together.

"W-who are you?" I ask unable to turn around to get a good look at him and also because I'm terrified of what he might look like. His dark voice echoes in my ear, causing me to choke on my own air when I hear him whisper.

"Your father."

~~Henry's pov~~

"Henry we seem to have found something inside your leg because of the bullet which is not healthy. You are going to have to stay for a few more days or weeks until we figure out what is in your leg. We have to make sure it's nothing dangerous and still get it out." I cringe to myself because knowing that this might have been another part of Brent's plan.

"Thanks for telling me." I don't look him in the eyes as he simply nods and leaves the room. Ray had already gone home because he had thinking to do and was desperately thinking of ways to stop everything. He was also uncontrollably sobbing because of Kelly and Annabel not being home for Christmas.

Ray is doubting himself, he's tearing himself apart because he can't seem to find Annabel. This is what Brent planned, he planned on doing this to Ray and now it's getting out of hand. Ray is almost starting to get sucked into a black hole of depression and he doesn't even realize it.

Nothing seems to be going his way, he can't find Annabel no matter how hard he tries he seems to fail every time. Now, Kelly is in a coma because of Brent which isn't making this issue better because Ray is starting to blame himself. He's convinced himself that it's his fault. Ray recounted every event that happened after the Winter Prom. Brent is just out to get Ray emotionally because he knows that it's the only way to hurt him.

Ray explained to me that if he hadn't slapped Kelly or yelled at her she wouldn't of left. She would have still been in his arms, he would of protected Kelly just the way he did with Annabel If she wasn't in a coma and if Annabel hadn't been kidnapped, Ray wouldn't be living in a never ending cycle of nightmares.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! :)