Chapter 8

~◆~Rays pov~◆~ 

 "It's not working, "Brooke says, "why isn't it working?" I run my hand through my hair and glance over at Kelly. Brooke has been spending the last twenty minutes connecting a gadget to another gadget, and connecting that gadget to another one. And it ends up not even tracking Brent down. Well looks like Brooke was no help at all. 

 "It does the same thing when Brent calls me and I can't track down where he's calling." I say, closing my eyes.

 "Maybe I just did something wrong," Brooke looks around at all the cords lying on the ground, "maybe I put the wrong cord in the wrong place or. . ." She pauses to think, sitting down in my blue and red spinning chair.

 I sit down on the couch and begin to think of any clues that Brent or Annabel told me.

  "Okay, but all I know is that I'm in a cabin in the middle of a forest. "

  Then, I remember when Boomer ran past the sign that said.

 You are now leaving the town of Swellview.

 Finally I put two and two together and I'm stricken with horror at my sudden realization. Annabel must be out of Swellview in a forest.

 Seriously? Why didn't I think of that along time ago?

"Brooke and Kelly I'll be back I'm going to take a walk." Kelly glances over at me and follows me to the elevator, clearing not listening to me. When I got in the elevator Kelly comes in and I sigh, glaring at her a little. 

 "Ray I'm coming with you weather you like it or not." Kelly says pushing the up button and the elevator shoots up. I didn't feel like arguing back at her since I'm more focused on finding Annabel now. When we got into my car she kept staring a me and when I would look over at her, she would quickly turn her head to look forward.

Kelly hasn't been the same lately. What ever happened to the Kelly I use to know twenty years ago? Im not use to this new sweet and kind Kelly, to me it's kind of strange.  Kelly has been grabbing my hand, hugging me, and comforting me.

 This is not like Kelly.

Maybe she is just acting like this because Annabel's gone. It must have a huge effect on her too because she never acted like this, until Annabel got kidnapped.

"Ray where are we going?" Kelly ask as I stop at the sign that read.

You are now leaving the town of Swellview.

"I'm going to go look for Boomer and Annabel, "I say glancing over at her in a serious manner, "Annabel told us that she was in a cabin in the middle of a forest. Boomer ran past this sign looking for her, they must have took her out of Swellview in a forest. " I press on the gas, turning that corner and after a while we didn't see houses anymore, there weren't any cars out either. We stop in grass and get out of the car, facing large trees.

Kelly glances over at me, nervously as I start to walk into the forest.  "Wait Ray, what if we get lost and can't find the car?" Kelly says finally catching up with me as I step over sticks and glancing around for Boomers paw prints.

"Don't worry about it Kelly, I already have that figured out. " She kicks some of the snow off the leaves, picking up a large stick and tracing a line down the snow.

 "Now, just in case we get lost we can search for this line." Kelly smiles, ear to ear pointing down at the line she is still making as she follows behind me. I felt the wind blow past us and I hear Kelly shiver and I look back at her. She was wearing a purple jacket, skinny jeans, and black boots with her hair straightened down passed her shoulders.