Chapter 5

~◆~Annabel's Pov ~◆~

"Time for bed Annabel." Brent says as I sit on the couch with Rebecca and Rose. Three other people are sitting at the kitchen table wearing black mask of course. Rose and Rebecca aren't because they wanted to show their identity's. Brent walks up to me and motions for me to get off the couch.

"I don't want to." I conform shaking my head and everyone in the kitchen stops talking. They stare at me as Brent laughs doing his usual throwing the head back thing.

"Annabel it's ten o' clock, let's get you into bed-" Brent starts but I roll my eyes. 

Does it look like I care? No.

"Your not my dad so stop acting like it. "Brent's face immediately turns into anger and his eyes narrow at me. Someone from the kitchen gets up and motioned for the others to go outside. They follow each other outside and close the door.

Sure, let's just leave me here with Brent!

"You are going to bed now, even if I have to pick you up over my shoulder. "Brent said through his teeth, angrily.

"Annabel I would go to bed before you get Brent mad. "Rose says as Brent leans down and I feel arms wrap around my waist, then I'm thrown over Brent's shoulder.

"Oh I'm already mad, "Brent says turning around and walking down the hallway to 'my' room, closing the door and throwing me on the bed. "You know Annabel your not that old to be spanked. "Brent says looking down at me, putting his hands on his hips. I lower myself to the bed and scoot back until I find the pillows. Brent sighs, frustrated while grabbing the blanket and covering me up then, gently pushing me all the way down on the bed. Brent gives me a stuffed animal and kisses my forehead.

"Good night Annabel." Brent whispers walking out of the room, turning off the lights and closing the door. I quickly wipe the kiss that Brent laid on my forehead. I slowly reach for the backpack and dug for the necklace that Ray gave me. I put it on and laid back down, I put my head on the pillows and drift off into sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your slow." I say laughing.

"No, I'm not." He says and I laugh harder.

"Yes you are." He glares at me and I squeal when he bends down, cuffing his hands into the snow and forming a snowball. He throws it at me and it hits me straight in the stomach, I do the same thing but my snowball hit Ray in the face. I giggle as he close my eyes, inhaling the cold air.

"Oh your going to get it now." He says, opening his eyes and wrapping his arms around my waist before I could run away, pulling me close to him as I scream, slightly laughing. He dragged me down to the ground and thrown snow against me. I try to fight back but end up slapping him on his cheek. We stop, laying in the snow as I continue to giggle as he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, thanks for that." He says and I lay my head in the snow. He unwraps his arms from around me and we lay on our backs, looking up into the sky.

"Are you cold?" Ray asks and I shake my head. We close our eyes making sure that the snowflakes don't get in our eyes. I scoot closer to Ray, slowly wrapping my arms around him and lay my head on his arm. He lets out a smile, knowing that mom is looking down on us.

"I love you dad." I say.

"I love you too." He reply's running his fingers through my hair and I'm smiling so much my cheeks are starting to hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up to find that its still dark out. I touch my necklace and rub my fingers on it, remembering that dream I had as I hear doors closing in the living room. That was just last good moment I had with Ray and I probably won't have another one. I throw the blanket off me and go into the bathroom, carrying the backpack with me.