Chapter 4

Once Gray was gone I felt really lonely.

All my life I was alone in a shed in the backyard of my house for 10 years but I've never felt as lonely as I did now. I guess having someone around who actually cared about your well being changes things even if it was only for a few moments.

I wish he didn't have to leave me. I wish he took me with me. I wish I wasn't alone. I'm probably never going to see him again. I decided I should focus on more important matters than my feelings.

Where am I going to sleep? I thought. I have nowhere to go or stay. I guess I'm going to have to sleep in this alleyway.

I opened my backpack and took out the blanket I took from my bed. I laid it down on the ground and curled up into a ball and tried to sleep. For over twenty minutes, I tossed and turned. I couldn't fall asleep though, no matter how hard I tried.

I GIVE UP.

I picked up the blanket and put it back in my backpack and started walking. I left the alleyway and turned left, opposite from where I came from. I continued walking and looked around. I saw that I was walking by some stores and restaurants, none that I recognized. I looked at all the unfamiliar places, until I saw one that was familiar. I stopped and stared as the memories flooded over me.

This is the place I used to go to all the time with my mom and Adam before she passed away. I thought.

It was this quaint, little restaurant at the corner of the streets. We would come here at least twice a month. It was like our family tradition. The owner was my mom's best friend since they were little kids so when we came we'd talk with her and hang out. Sometimes we'd even stay after closing eating and talking. I remember she had a kid and we were best friends....

*****FLASHBACK*****

We walked into the restaurant. I couldn't wait to come again. I get to see my best friend!

"Oh my, Liz, did you get even bigger than the last time I saw you?!" my mom's best friend asked, as she crouched down in front of me.

I giggled, "Maybe I did." I smiled my toothless grin at her.

"I see you lost your front teeth. Did the tooth fairy give you money?"

"Yes, I got two whole quarters!"

"Wow that's a lot of money, Liz" she said as she laughed. "Don't spend it all in one place."

"Okay."

She stood back up and started talking to my mom. She walked us over to a table and we sat down. We ordered food and I got my favorite meal, Mac 'N Cheese. We enjoyed our food and stayed after everyone left so we could hang out with my mom's best friend and my best friend.

"Lizzie!" I heard my best friend yell as he ran over to me.

"Hi" I said.

"Do you wanna play?"

"Okay!"

*****END OF FLASHBACK*****

I felt like crying as I remembered that day. That was the last time we went to the restaurant. My mom died two weeks later and then I had to say goodbye to life as I knew it.

I forced myself not to cry and walked towards it. I looked inside and saw everything looked the same as it used to.

I kept staring until I saw movement inside. I realized that it was a person. They looked up from what they were doing and saw me. My eyes widened as we made eye contact.

The person was coming my way now. I started running as fast as I could and turned at the corner and pressed myself against the wall.

"Hello? Is anyone out here?" I heard a female voice ask. I recognized the voice immediately. It was the owner of the restaurant, my mom's best friend.

I stayed quiet hoping she would just go back in and not know I was there.

When I heard a the door to the restaurant close, I let out a sigh of relief.

I guess I am really lucky today.

I started to walk again, not sure where I was going, just walking away from the restaurant, into the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay, here was another update for you! I know this chapter probably sucked but whatevs. Tell me what you think.

Oh and I'm starting to write a new story. It's called "I Love Him, I Love Him Not". Please check it out

Thank you!