Chapter 5

I felt light hit my eyes and I inwardly groaned.

Why couldn't I sleep out of the sun's range?

I covered my eyes with my arm and then forced myself to sit up. I leaned against the brick wall as I woke myself up.

I bet it's like 8 AM. Ugh. I thought to myself. After the whole restaurant fiasco, I ended up walking back to the alleyway from before. Where else could I have gone? I don't know anyone except Adam and I wasn't going back there. I met Gray but I really don't know him at all so why would I ask to stay with him? That's just....weird.

I decided to use the bathroom at the café down the street I saw last night. Before I left, I decided to brush my hair with the hair brush I took from my dungen of a room. I have to look presentable right? I'm in public!

After I brushed my hair, I walked to the café. Right when I walked in, I went straight to the bathroom to fix myself. When I entered the bathroom, I saw that there were many stalls but no one was in here. I went into the first stall and changed into some light wash jean shorts and a white short sleeve shirt and put on white converses. I stepped out of the stall and walked to the mirror. I took out my make up and put on some light, black eyeliner, mascara, and foundation. I found a pink lip gloss in the bottom of my bag and put some one. The black eyeliner and mascara complimented my blue eyes. I looked over my reflection and saw my long, blonde hair looked pretty straight today which is good.

Once I was satisfied with how I looked, I left the bathroom and went to leave. As I went to open the door, I decided not to. I smelt some delicious food which made my stomach rumble. I turned back around and walked to the counter and display case with food. I saw all these delicious pastries and my mouth watered. As I stared in, I saw something called a cinnamon roll and decided that I wanted it. My mouth watered even more wondering how it tasted. I looked up to the menu to see what elsethey had to offer and what the prices were. I saw that the cinnamon roll was $2.25 and that they served a cup of coffee for $1.25.

Seems pretty cheap.

I walked up to the counter and smiled at the barista.

"Hey. Welcome to 'Starlight Café'. How may I help you?" He asked mewith a smile.

"Hi," I timidly replied. "can I have a cup of coffee and a cinnamon roll?"

"Anything for you, beautiful." he winked.

What's with people calling me beautiful?

He put the coffee and cinnamon roll in front of me.

"That comes to $3.50" he said.

I took my backpack off my back and fished out my money. I took out a five dollar bill and gave it to him. He gave me my change and I put it away.

I thanked him and looked around to find a table.I saw one in the corner and went to go there until I heard his voice again.

"I never cauht yourname, sweetheart." he said as he smiled flirtatiously at me. When he said 'sweetheart,' I immediately thought of Adam and cringed. Adam called me sweetheart all the time. If I never hear that name again it would be too soon.

I looked at himand gave him a cold expression. "I don't have to tell you my name." I said. He looked taken aback, as if he didn't expect me to act this way. To be honest, I didn't expect that reaction from myself.

I turned around and walked straight to the corner, right by the front door. I sat down and started to drink my coffee. I still felt that guy's eyes on me but I tried to ignore him. I looked out the window at the beautiful scenery. There was a little park across the street with tall, green trees by the entrance. There was a lake with some cherry blossom trees around. There were only a few people there. One was an older gentleman reading a book and another woman was taking a run around the perimeter of the lake. I don't remember having a park this beautiful before I was locked up.

Thanks to Adam, I've missed so much. I thought to myself.

I looked down at my coffee with a frown upon my face, feeling tears swell in my eyes.

No. I can't cry here. Not now.

I looked at my cinnamon roll and went to take a bite, when I heard the door open. I looked up and my eyes met with some familiar bright blue eyes. His eyes widen in recognization. I saw a smile grace upon his face after he remembered who I was.

"Chloe?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm trying to write longer chapters but I don't know. It's not working very well. Hopefully I'll be able to get longer chapters later in the story. I hope you're okay with that. :/

Tell me what you think!!! I need feedback!!! Vote too. And tell your friends!\

Lol I don't expect you to do that but it would be nice.

If you like my writing style, check out my other story called "I Love You, I Love You Not" pleaseeee. :)

Well byeeeeeee :D