West Coast

The Following Week
I entered her mother's home and ran upstairs. She looked up at me and smiled.
"Hey honey." I said as she stood up. I rubbed her back and she giggled.
"Are you ready?" She asked and I nodded.
"Always." I said and we headed out to the car. I held her hand and we sat in the seats. She was constantly rubbing her hands on her slacks. I knew it was going to be a long trip.
Santa Cruz, California
As we walked to her sister's door, I couldn't help but admire how big it was. It wasn't as big as Graceland but it was in that realm. She knocked and looked at me. She grabbed my hand and squeezed.
"Who is it?"
"Your sister!" She hollered and her sister opened the door.
"Hey Marcella, oh my god, is this."
"Hey, Marisol. My name is Elvis, it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance."
"Well come on in Mr. Presley, and my little sister. I can't wait for you to meet the kids."
We walked into the house and she sat on the couch.
"Elvis, this is weird." She said and I looked at her confused.
"How?"
"I've known you a week and you've brought me so much. It's going so fast, you know."
"Look, it's just part of my nature." He said and I nodded.
"Is it also part of your nature to bring the Memphis Mafia with you, everywhere we go?" She asked and I nodded.
"They're my guys, darlin', it wouldn't be right if I didn't bring them." I said and she sighed.
"Marcella, this is Shelley and Jackson." Marisol said introducing her sister to her children. They were four and eighteen months. It took a few seconds for them to warm up to their aunt and then they were just a unit.
After a couple of hours, it was time to fly back to Tennessee.
As we entered the plane, Celly finally cracked and started crying.
I rushed over to her and she held on to me. When she calmed down she grabbed a pen and grabbed my wrist.
"What are you doing?" I asked,"what's wrong?"
"Just thank you for bringing me, and now I don't know what I'm doing." She said as she sketched little lines on my skin and then she looked up at me and smiled.
"I don't know what I'm doing. I don't even know what being an adult is, I'm mature. It doesn't matter." She stopped and I looked at her.
"It does matter, weeks turn into months babe, months turn into years, I have to record and promote in a few months, we need to have these conversations now. What scares you, what motivates you?"
"Life." She says and I look at those hazel eyes of hers.
"A woman shouldn't have to worry about that."
"Presley, don't fuc...don't tell me that. I have goals, I want to work on me."
"Marcella."
"No." She says and she gets up and walks to the back of the plane. I leaned back in the chair and sighed. She's not going to take my shit, not like Priscilla, and I don't know, I like them both. I wrote out a quick goofy song and grabbed my guitar and walked to her. She looked away and I sat down. I got comfortable next to her and stung my guitar, I started singing to her.
"She's stronger than I ever could be
Demeanor is heavenly, boy doesn't it make me want to flee
I don't want to hold on to hope that you will ever change
Because I know it will just drain me
I don't want you to change
Then you'd be gone farther in range from me..." As I finished she looked at me, smiling and giggling.
"Thank you." She said and I hugged her.
Graceland
"I need to make a couple of calls darling, it's going to be awhile to just give me sometime. You can stay in my room until I come out, or take a tour." I say, knowing who I'm going to call.
"Presley, I need some sleep." She said and I kissed her as we entered the house. I walked to the phone room and sat on the couch.
"Good morning, Fire Eyes." I said as I held the phone against my ear with two fingers.
"Morning Elvis." She yawned and I could just see her little nose wrinkle up.
"You're getting ready for school right?" I asked.
"Yes dear. I brought my clothes in the room so we could chat a while longer."
"Priscilla, I love you, a lot. I don't know how to go about this however because of the age difference."
"I love you too... We'll figure it out, honey, I don't want me getting you in trouble. We'll figure it out, we're a team. I need to get my stuff together, we can chat later." She said and I sighed.
"Yes, we can. I really do love you. Bye dear." I said hanging up. I walked out and went upstairs. Marcella was laying on top of the bed, curled up in a little ball, so adorable.
"Celly." I said kicking off my shoes and climbing on top of her shaking her awake.
"Elvis, you must not want to see thirty." She mumbled and I kissed her.
"Stay over tonight. I'll get you something loose fitting." I said and helped her get out of her dress and into bed. We laid together for a while, but it was six in the morning when I finally drifted off to sleep.
Marcella's POV
When I woke up it was seven. I sat up and felt him wake up.
"Celly." He moved his hands and I looked at his tired eyes.
"What's up?"
"Go to the kitchen and ask them to make you some flapjacks and when you finish come back up." He said and I walked over to his side of the bed.
"Elvis." I said and he looked up at me.
"What's wrong."
"Who's Priscilla, I know you met her before me, but was she like a girlfriend?" He sat up.
"When I was in West Germany and we did have a courtship but we broke it off when I moved back. I check up on her every now and then."
"I want to go home." I said and he looked devastated,"I'll come back later on tonight, but I need to see my mother." He nodded.
"Let me come."
"Elvis, I just want to be with my mother. I've been with you all day since last week when I met you. Slow down. We've got time to live. I like you, a lot." I said and he nodded.
"I like you too, Celly." He said and I got dressed and kissed him before leaving for now.