Sam Wilson- Wings

It'd been a long week. Your luggage was stolen, your hotel was double booked, and oh yeah you had been kidnapped. You had no idea why, all the people that had kidnapped you kept saying was what you knew about the Falcon.

You knew of the bird, but with 'the' in front of it, it meant a specific one, although it could easily pass as a code name. You had no idea who or what 'the Falcon' was but the people that were holding you hostage didn't believe you when you told them you had no idea. Maybe they mistook you for someone else, but you weren't really given the chance to argue that point.

They had you tied to a chair, with a gag in your mouth. Your head hurt from being hit repeatedly, and fear flooded your body at the thought of the pain you were in after being here for only one night, let alone however long they kept you here.

You were staying with a friend, Sam, seen as you couldn't stay in a hotel due to their mess up. Hopefully he'd notice you were missing soon, he knew you kept to a routine, and this kind of thing got in the way of your routine.

One of the moments of peace came, when the people left you in the room alone. You frantically looked around for a way to escape but the only way in or out of the room was through the door and you could hear them talking outside that door.

Out of nowhere a loud bang occurred. Guns fired. People shouted. The door swung open. You froze. There stood Sam and a man and woman you recognised as Captain America and Black Widow.

Sam let out a gasp running over to you pulling the gag from your mouth.

"Y/N, are you okay?" he exclaimed.

"Better now," you weakly smiled.

He undid the rope from around your wrists and ankles. Wrapping an arm around your shoulders he helped you hobble out of the room.

"Sam, we'll sweep the building for anyone else who knows who they have here. Get her out of here," Captain America stated.

He nodded. He tried to speed up our pace but my legs didn't enjoy moving quickly. Without warning, he scooped me up into his arms, and carried me. He ran down one of the hallways. There was a dead end and a large window at the end of the hallway.

"What are you doing Sam?" I asked concerned.

"Trust me."

I didn't. It's rather hard to trust a man that was running fall speed towards a window.

"Close your eyes."

I did as I was told.

Turning slightly he rammed the window with his shoulder shattering it.

From the impact I let out a scream, opening my eyes. Sam had wings. Metal wings. He glided through the air until we were at a good distance from the building, landing and letting me stand on my own feet.

It took a second to get my bearings.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't have wings yesterday, right?" I said, placing my hands on my knees, attempting to get my head together.