Fix her

Imogen

"So Kai, we should keep walking and maybe find a place to stay," I insisted, grabbing his hand before he could deny.

I knew if I stayed any longer one of them would eventually come over and try to take me home. And try to fix the mess Katherine caused, even though I think everything is fine. They would probably send Rebel over to speak to me since Lucas is basically in tears and Drew would beat Kai's ass. 

"Sure, sweetheart, maybe we can find your next victim," he joked, sending my hand a squeeze. 

"Yeah, can you be any louder?" I stared at him, rolling my eyes at his stupidity. Finally, a hotel appeared which seemed to at least be four stars. Honestly, as long as it has a bed we will survive. 

We entered the hotel, feeling the AC hitting us perfectly, stopping us from sweating. The floor was tilted in fine marble, which made every step echo. A chandelier made rainbow colors dance across the luxurious lobby. Embroidered silk sofas surrounded a large, flat screen tv. The twin doors that led into the lobby were a pristine white with golden handles. The desk was made of amber-colored wood with green granite top. 

There was only one staff member, standing behind the desk with smile plastered on his face. "Would you like to check in?" he asked, the creepy smile never leaving his face.

"Yes, please,"  I answered, tapping my fingers against the granite desk waiting for the worker.

"Sure, one second," he answered, rapidly typing against his keyboard and clicking on several things before glancing up at us. "We have two rooms available. One with double bed and another with a single."

"We will take the single bed," Kai answered before I could.

How dare he only get one room! Isn't tired spending the whole morning with me? I know, I am!

I can't say I'm surprised. He's probably planning to jump my bones while I'm sleeping. I reached in my dress pocket for the wad of money but kai beat me to it. He handed his credit card to the annoying looking man and he swiped it receiving approval. While Kai was signing the receipt the man handed me the keys for our room.

"Let's take the stairs," Kai suggested, pointing at the door leading to them.

"Really? Didn't we just run twenty freaking miles!" I scoffed, rolling my eyes and proceeded to the door.

Our room was on the highest level but luckily the hotel didn't have over twelve levels. The halls were decorated with crimson-colored rug mixed with brown design on them. Kai walked ahead of me figuring how to read the signs to know where our hotel resided in. Eventually, I grown tired of his stupidity and figured it out on my own. 

We were met with two double white doors leading inside to our room. Maybe I read the sign wrong there's no way this could be our room. Our room was huge and didn't look like the hotel room I was expecting more like a grande suite. The bed was king-sized with pure white, Egyptian cotton sheets. I got to remember not to drink in the bed. 

We had our own desk, a thirty-six-inch TV with video and DVD, a sprawling leather sofa, and on the other side of the floor-to-ceiling was our own private terrace. Thank god, Kai payed for it since I only had one thousand in cash. Oh lord, our bathroom! As well as a power shower, there was a bath big enough for baseball team, and a Jacuzzi. 

"Wow! How much was this?" I asked, grabbing open the gift basket filled with different brands of champagne.

"Don't worry, sweetheart it was worth every penny," he smirked, flipping his card up in the air only to catch it several seconds later.