Friendships

Imogen

Today was already an outstanding day because it was spaghetti day, my favorite.  Usually every couple of weeks, the school would order fresh spaghetti for each period. That just happens to be today, which makes suffering through school classes worth it. I was super thrilled to be able to eat lunch with Lucas and Frankie.

Lunch period finally arrived, and I partially dragged Frankie there with me. I had to make sure to be one of the first in line since they only buy a certain amount. I arrived on the line, which was long already. I watched the door so I could call Lucas over to me.

It was almost our turn and Lucas finally decided to appear. I saw him enter the lunch with Kylie who was currently speaking to him. I felt like my light brown eyes were turning an even darker shade of brown as I stared at her. I know he won't do anything but I can't help but feel jealous towards her.

Lucas met my gaze and separated himself from her, starting walking towards me. We still had about five students ahead of us.

"Hey," I pecked his lips "How was class?"

"Boring history isn't my strong suit. I can tell you're excited about lunch today," he joked, wiggling his brows.

"Super!!! I haven't had Gio's spaghetti in like 3 months," I chirped, and Frankie nodded in agreement. 

Finally, it was time for me to get my pasta! They usually buy three kinds of pasta and today I was carving the pesto pasta. I asked the cafeteria lady nicely to pour some in a plate for me and waited to click my pin in.  

After dialing my pin on the keypad, I walked to get myself a utensil which was in the middle of the colorful tile room. As I turned around from getting a fork, I bumped into a brown-haired girl, causing her food to fall to the ground. I looked up, meeting face to face with Kylie.

"I'm so sorry," I blurted out, turning around to get some napkins. Some of the spaghetti landed on her extravagant shirt. I tried cleaning it with the napkins, but I think I just made it worse. 

"Can you not see," she said, "Stop touching me," she bumped her shoulder into me. 

"I can pay for the dry cleaner for your shirt," I offered, reaching into my pocket for my wallet.

"Like you could afford it," she mumbled under her breath "You probably did this on purpose because you're jealous about me and Lucas."

"No, I didn't do it on purpose!" I defended, waving my hands while shaking my head.

"Sure yea whatever," she flipped her hair behind her shoulders "Just go back to kissing Drew's ass I heard you're good at that!" 

"I said I was sorry, why do you keep being so rude," I sighed. Does everyone think I cheated on Lucas with Drew? I barely even talk to Drew besides when I'm at my locker. 

She bends down picking up the spaghetti off the floor "I'm not being rude everyone knows how you're two-timing them, You're a whore just like your mother," she dumped the spaghetti on my head, causing me to gasp.  

"Don't you dare talk bad about my mother," I demanded, grabbing spaghetti from the floor and shoving it in her face. I grabbed someone else's platter and threw it at her. She gasped, wiping the food off her face to get a better look at me. I watched her grab someone else's platter, aiming it at me, but I was able to dodge it. Soon after, everyone else started throwing food at each other, while Kylie and I were waiting for each other's next move.