Baby?

Frankie

Drew walked through the door, following me to the living room. I gestured for him to sit on the couch. It's possible the test was a false positive, but I have to tell him either way. My gut is telling me to tell him, but I couldn't utter another word. How will he react to the possibility of having a child with me? He can't act harsher than my father would, right? My fingers fidgeting with each other as my teeth bit down my on lip firmly, causing a bitter metal taste in my mouth.

"Do you want a drink or something?" I forced out.

"Sure, water, if it's no trouble," he answered.

Nodded as I walked over to my kitchen, going on my tippy toes to get a glass from the cabinet. I carefully opened it, pulling out a glass cup and walked over to my refrigerator. My fingers pressed on the water button causing the water to flow down into the glass. Once the glass was filled, I carried it over to the boy. 

"Here," I handed him the glass. "I have something to tell you," I exhaled, slowly sinking down onto the couch, feeling my chest become heavy. 

"Sure, you can tell me anything." He said, putting his hand on my thigh. He was trying to reassure me, but my heart was beating outside my chest. My legs were shuddering at a brisk pace. Every time I tried to stop shaking them, it would just start again. 

"I don't know how to tell you this but..." I stuttered, struggling to generate sentences. My hands kept rubbing up and down on my thighs trying to calm my uneasiness. 

"Take your time, Frankie," he reassured, swiping my wandering curly lock behind my ear. 

My eyes shifted off from my clammy hands and up to his softened, soulful eyes. Suddenly my nervousness slowly eased down.

"Okay," I took a deep breath, watching Drew reaching for his glass and taking a hefty sip of the water.

"I'm pregnant," I blurted out.

The air is suddenly rent by the sound of breaking glass. 

"Drew!" I yelled, noticing how he sat there, eyes wide, mouth agape, and hand empty. "Drew!" I shouted again, pinching his muscular arm, but he didn't react. "Sorry, but," I whacked him in the face, yanking him out of his stunned state.

"How are you pregnant?" he spat. 

"Well, you and I had sex. Didn't you take health already," I answered, walking over to the closet and searching for a broom. Luckily, the maid left most of her supplies in the closet, but of course, she decided to put the broom elsewhere.  

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, walking back to the panicking boy. "I haven't figured it out yet. I just found out today, the only thing I know is that I'm not going to kill it. I won't live with myself if I did."

"We are too young to worry about this," Drew said, forcing his fingers through his hair. "The best option is to kill it," he confessed.

"How could you even think that? If your father forced your mother to kill the baby, then you wouldn't be here. The baby doesn't deserve to die because of our dumb decisions," I exclaimed, feeling the anger sneaking into me.

"Kill the damn thing!" Drew demanded, his eyes no longer soft like they once were. 

"I said no!" I answered, feeling the tears pouring down my cheeks. My hands reached up to quickly dry them and rushed up the stairs.

 He will not have the enjoyment of seeing me break down in front of him. I slammed my door, making sure to lock it and not have to deal with Drew any longer. My body collapsed into my bed, reaching for my pillow and wailing into it.