Chapter 4: The Mystery Chip

Hiro and GoGo collaborated on their project and helped each other with their individual work.

"We should put that here," GoGo pointed out as she started drawing a sample of their project.

"No, no. The system will be damaged, and it will create a short circuit. I say we put it here," Hiro argued as he erased GoGo's sketch and drew the part somewhere else.

GoGo nodded, but then shook her head after. "It wouldn't work completely. How about we cover the whole metal with something soft, then we put that part, plus in that way, it's more people-friendly," GoGo added, adding some parts to the sketch.

Hiro smiled and nodded. He helped GoGo add some helpful parts to their project.

"Okay! That's all, I guess. All we have to do is to program the procedures," GoGo cheered.

Hiro yawned and stretched out. "Let's do it some other time. I'm getting weary," he complained.

GoGo scoffed. "Fine. But I'll go out with Tadashi this time. I'll leave you here. We gotta go help Aunt Cass with the café," GoGo tried, but Hiro just agreed.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm staying here," Hiro said.

GoGo rolled her eyes. She packed her things, waved goodbye, and left the laboratory.

GoGo gave a last glance at Hiro-- who was just yawning and stretching at his comfy couch-- then decided to leave him and go.

Hiro opened an eye and investigated if any of his friends are here. GoGo? She left. Wasabi, Fred, Honey, Tadashi? No sign of them.

He was about to get something from his pocket when a familiar sweet voice called him.

"Hiro! Hey, did you see GoGo around?" Honey Lemon asked.

Hiro secretly returned the item from his pocket and hid it from Honey.

"Oh, uh, she went to Lucky Cat Café to help Ms. Cass. Tadashi will be with her," Hiro replied, with a fake smile.

Honey Lemon gave out a wide sweet smile. "Thanks, Hiro! Good luck with your project!" she chirped as she left the laboratory.

Hiro sighed in relief and took the item out from his pocket.

Hiro examined it very closely. "What could this be?" he asked himself.

It was clearly a microchip--but not just any microchip. It was a microchip he found inside the laboratory on GoGo's table. He thought GoGo would try to find it, and when she does, he actually planned of lying to her that he didn't see it. (Hiro loves playing games) But instead not even a single person had talked to him about a missing microchip.. Not even a teacher or a random student. So, he just decided to keep it and examine it. Who knows? Maybe he and GoGo will need that for their project.

Plus, something was wrong with this microchip. It's not really wrong...but... It seems like Hiro had seen this before. Like he's seen this microchip somewhere in his life.

"Tadashi has a microchip scanner. Maybe he'll let me in his garage for just once- Well, without GoGo knowing," Hiro mumbled as he examined the microchip.

It was green, and it has a symbol on it. Hiro didn't know what the symbol meant, because the symbol was kind of erased and only a few sketches were left.

As he looked closely, he noticed something written. It's like someone had owned this chip before.

He tried his best to find the missing letters, but gave up easily.

"Oh well, I'll find out what's inside of you," Hiro said as he brought his phone out.

Yow Dashi! Can I come over your house this 8PM. I need the chip scanner from your garage.
--sent to Tadashi 5:09PM