Chapter 11: Family

Late nights seemed to be consuming my daily routine since we arrived in Dubai. Even still after sexual encounters with Eisuke that always left us both exhausted.

My mind just seemed to wander deeper the more the months went by. I missed my parents and my siblings deeply, I hadn't seen them since I started working in Tokyo 3 years ago. I wasn't one to talk about these feelings with other people so I wasn't positive I would discuss it with Eisuke.

The clock ticked 4:00 a.m and I decided it was best to shut my mind off and try to get at least a couple hours in.

---

I awoke with Eisuke's soft touch on my skin as he placed his lips on mine.

I smiled and set my head under his chin.

"I'm thinking of visiting my parents."

"That's awfully far away." Eisuke said running his fingers through my hair.

"I know, I'm going to take 3 days off from work."

"I'll come too then."

"Really?" I was quite surprised from what he just said. I never imagined Eisuke meeting my parents, none the less going that far with me to see them.

"Of course, I may not get this opportunity again. We'll leave tomorrow morning."

I was happy he wanted to meet my parents. We had been dating for quite a while now. I suppose that only made sense.

---
•8:00 Next Morning•

Everyone came with us to see us off at the airport.

Once our goodbyes and hugs were taken we boarded the plane first of everyone, as Eisuke made sure of that along with first class tickets.

We got to the Haneda Airport fairly late so we stayed the rest of the night at the hotel. Making sure to refresh for tomorrow's occasion.

My parents lived in a town called Takayama. It was deep into the Japanese Alps, so it took a little while to drive there even from the hotel at the airport.

I felt incredibly nervous walking up to my childhood house with Eisuke beside me. He held my hand as he could tell I was anxious by my deep breaths and slightly shaking hands.

I hadn't seen them in about 3 years, it's natural to be a little nervous to what they would say and how they would react.

I knocked on the door taking one last deep breath. When the door opened I saw an unfamiliar face.

"Hello? Who are you?" A middle aged woman asked.

"I'm Hana of the Koizumi family are they home?" It was possible that the woman that opened the door was a new maid my family had hired.

"I'm sorry miss I've lived here with my husband a little over 2 years. I don't know the family before us that were here just that they were in a rush to sell the place."

"That doesn't make any sense. My family would never sell this house. Are you sure you know nothing else?"

"I'm sorry, if I did I would for sure tell you."

"Okay" I sighed. "Sorry for disturbing you, have a nice day." The woman waved and closed the door as we walked off the stairs on the stone path leading to the sidewalk.

"Why would they move and not tell me?"

"I don't know, I'm sure we can figure out where they are though." Eisuke said trying to reassure me everything was okay.

Eisuke's words didn't help as much as I wanted them to. I had a bad feeling that something wasn't right. Even though I hadn't spoken with my family for awhile I know they still would've told me where they went.

I had to find out what happened. Someone has to know something..