Finding your magic

Natsu's POV:
Me and Happy were sitting and eating as usual and I saw Y/N out of the corner of my eye coming to sit with us. She had a book and a pencil in her hand. This morning Y/N said she had to go to the store to buy something. So that's what she got? Strange. She came over, sat down, and opened her book. The pages were blank.
"Hey." I casually greeted her.
"Hey." I waited impatiently for her to do something or say something but she just had the pencil in her hand as she stared at the blank pages. "What're you doin'?" I ask again impatiently.
"Nothin." Ugh what the hell! Give me some conversation!
"Ptss! Natsu! What's up with Y/N? She's staring at a blank book. It's scary." Happy whispers to me. I nod in agreement and look back at Y/N who was now looking angrily at Happy.
"I'm not scary! It's a sketch book, the pages are supposed to be blank!" Me and Happy tilted our heads to the side.
"What's a sketch book?"

Y/N looked at us dumbfounded.
"You don't know what a sketch book is?!" She sounded shocked at this information.
"No." Me and Happy said seriously. Why is it a bad thing that we don't know what a sketch book is!? Is it something really important or interesting?!
"A sketch book is a book filled with blank pages and you sketch drawings in it." She explained.
"Oh that's cool. But why are you staring at it?" I asked.
"Because I didn't know what to draw and it helps me think." She said. I told her that she should draw what her old home looked like. She agreed. I'm a little excited.

20 minutes later when she finished drawing, I had gotten full and finished eating. I watched her the whole time. Happy left to play with Carla halfway through cuz he got bored. She drew out her whole house and even drew her little brother. "Wow that's really good. I've never seen houses like that before." I realized that I still don't know that much about her. Not even what magic she uses. All I know is that she's weird, she lives in a weird scary place and she has a brother.
"Is that your brother? What's his name? How old is he?" Ok did I just sound eager and annoying just now? Ya she looked a bit annoyed.
"...ya it is. His name's Miki. He's nine...and I left him all alone." She said that last part so quietly I almost didn't hear her.
"What about your parents aren't they with him?" I asked. Should I not have asked.
"What? You heard me?...right, dragon senses. No. They're not with him. I'm supposed to be looking after him. He knows how to handle himself but I still worry...WHAT IF HE THROWS OUT ALL MY FAIRYTAIL STUFF!? Oh no..!" And she's being weird again.

Normal POV:
Y/N slumped down on the table like a depressed monkey.
"I don't know what to do!? *sobs dramatically* I wanna go home but I wanna stay here!" She was waving her arms in the air all frustrated. Natsu was giving her a strange look. 'I've never met anyone quite like her. She's interesting.' Natsu thought. "Hey I tell you what..." Natsu began to talk to make Y/N stop shouting because people were starting to stare. "Huh?"
Natsu: "We should go on a job! It'll be your first right?"
Y/N: "yeah, but..."
Natsu: "c'mon! I'll go pick one! Be right back."
Y/N: "okay..."

Y/N sighed.
"How am I supposed to be able to do anything without any knives or any sort of weapon? Or even magic for that matter?!" She slumped back down on the table and started moving her hands along the drawing of her brother. Then she saw a light come from the paper and the pencil markings come off the paper and form into the shape of a doll.
"Wow! Did I just do that!? Do I actually have magic? What is it exactly?" Y/N grabbed a piece of paper and touched it. She was shaping out the paper into a 3D form. Then she tried with a penny she found in her pocket. She formed the shape into a cat with wings, like happy. Y/N was playing around with her new found power until Natsu came back.
"Hey I found one, let's go!" Natsu said excitedly.
"Natsu! Natsu! Natsu! I have magic! I'm not useless! I can fight with magic and knives if I find some! Oh my god Natsu I'm so happy!" Y/N was jumping up and down with excitement while Natsu was standing admiring her strangeness.
"Why would you think you're useless? And of course you can fight. C'mon lets go this job's gonna be fun!" Natsu reassures her.
"Yay! I'm gonna practice on our way there! Oh wait, Natsu?"
"Yeah?"
"Are we taking the train?"
"I don't know I haven't really read the request so I don't know where it is."
"ooh noo! You'll be sick if we have to take the train! Aww that's too bad. *sad face*"

Your POV:
I wanted Natsu to watch me practice. No wait I have a better idea. I'll knock him out on the train and then when we get there, wait...
"What's the job?" I asked Natsu. And he showed me the piece of paper.

Job:
HELP ME! I can't find my sister! Please help me find her I don't know what to do here. I asked a girl with blonde hair and keys where I was and she told me it was magnolia. I sent a request to the only guild I knew about in this place. I'm a nine year old boy and I'm in the big church thingy.

I read it allowed to Natsu so he could hear it too.
"It seems he ran into Lucy. And he must mean the Cardia Cathedral." Natsu stated. I just stared at it and I felt my eyes water a little as I read it over and over again. I tried to hide my face in my H/C hair so that Natsu couldn't see my face.
"Hey, Y/N? What's wrong?" I heard Natsu ask concerned. I wiped my eyes and lifted up my head.
"Let's go."

End of chapter

Authors note:
Sorry it's a bit short. But it's just starting to get interesting. Try and guess who the boy is? (I know it's a bit obvious but whatever😋)
-AV