Chapter 6

Ella***

"Mom no- I'm not gonna say a thing"  I spoke through the phone as my mom sighed, 

"Ella- if a guy is searching for you even after the dance, that means that he likes you for you" She spoke as if it were to most obvious thing in the world. 

"Actually no- he just wants his own Cinderella" I grumbled, my mother just chuckled. 

"You should tell him- plus he has your poem..." 

I sighed- "mom I have copies of that poem, it was the best one I ever wrote and you know that" 

" I know" My mother sighed- her sad attitude was brought up- " Honey, you need to tell him- why did you like him in the first place?" I sighed and layed down on my bed. 

"Mom, when I was there he was a prince and I was a princess, It was like a dream come true. But he's an annoying jock- plus his friend called me a nerd the other day- which I am not!" 

"Honey if he was able to amaze you in one night-"

"What? I can't hear you connection is bad- bye" I spoke pretending that my voice was cracking. I hung up before hearing her chuckle on the other end.

Hillary came skipping in the room after- "I'm gonna take a shower" I informed her. She nodded and I quickly slipped into the shower. After I finished I changed into a pair of flannel pants and a oversized t-shirt. I opened up my book and continued reading it. 

****

It was around 1 am and I couldn't sleep. 

I honestly didn't know why but I just couldn't, it seemed as it were physically impossible to shut my eyes. Taking a deep breath I stood up and turned on the light. Hillary had not come back yet, I changed into a pair of leggings- not bothering to change the comfy t-shirt I had on. Grabbing the Great Gatsby I made my way out the door. 

I walked to the bleachers and opened up my book beginning to read it. The stadium lights were on and allowed me too read- after all I knew I needed fresh air. 

"Can't sleep?" Someone spoke from behind me. I turned to see bastard.

"Nope" I replied popping the p. 

"I'm Andy by the way" He spoke, running his hand through his hair. 

I nodded turning back to my book, "Are you gonna keep reading your book or tell me your name?" He asked. I answered with silence, continuing the book. 

"Okay fine then nerd"

"Fine then bastard" 

A slight chuckle slipped past his lips, "You can't call me that- I told you my name" 

"I think bastard suits you better. " I spoke

"Maybe" He chuckled, a small smile made itself onto my face. 

"Anyway- are you gonna tell me your name?" He pestered me. 

"I don't think so" I replied he raised his eyebrows, "You don't gotta be shy around me baby"

"I'm not- I just don't like you that much, therefore don't really want to tell you my name" 

"Are you crazy? what kind of girl doesn't want this?" He spoke motioning to his body.