Chapter 10

Ella*** 

Once I arrived to my dorm, my books were splattered everywhere, on my bed on the floor and on the shelfs. The wooden trunk that I stored them all in was burst open, leaving them all in a wordlessly unorganized manner.

"Ella, I swear I'll clean it up." Hillary started, jumping up from her bed-in the middle of reading the Fault in our Stars, by John Green.

"What did you do?" I seethed out.

"YOU KNOW THAT THE ONLY THING I TREASURE IN THIS DORM ARE MY BOOKS, THOSE ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO TOUCH WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!" I yelled, angered by this whole ordeal.

"I know, and I'm sorry, I just know you're not interested in Cam and he's hot! I had him and I can't let him slip-"

I interrupted her with my actions, I started organizing my books back together, cleaning up the mess that she had made while she sat on her bed dumbfounded at the fact that someone actually knew what the definition of 'clean' was around here. I angrily went into the bathroom and changed into a baggy pair of my adidas sweatpants and a white crop top, not caring anymore because all I wanted to be was comfortable, and baggy sweatpants and a flowy crop top was probably the most comfortable I could ever be. I grabbed my wallet and phone, shoving them in my bag with my book. Her eyes watched me as I stormed over to the door.

"Oh and by the way, Augustus dies." I spoke before I slammed the door shut behind me. I continued to walk, I went to the baseball field, I stood there for a second until I caught Andrew sitting in the cage things with his hands in his head.

"Hey bastard" I spoke, sitting next to him, he groaned

"Hey nerd," without lifting his head from his hands, then instantly his face shot up.

"Wait why are you here?" He turned to look at me, then his eyes went wide, "and what are you wearing?"

I rolled my eyes, "Hillary pissed me off, and I'm wearing something comfortable okay, judge me I dare you." I snapped

"Jeez, jeez okay. I was just gonna complement you but okay." He spoke, putting his hands up.

"Complement what? I'm a complete mess right now." I spoke running my hands through my hair.

"Hillary did the unthinkable, she went through my books without my permission. Do you even understand how serious that is? She opened my chest of books and went through them-"

"Ella..."

"And you wanna know why? So she could show Cameron that she wasn't all acting, and that she could get him back because she's humiliated right now! are you kidding me-"

"Ella,you got mad at her over books?" He asked

"Yes," I answered "Don't act like its weird because it really isn't."

"It actually really is."

I rolled my eyes and got my book and began reading it.

"Ahh, huckleberry Finn, a classic" Andrew spoke

"Shut up, theres no way you read this book."

"Well, I've heard of it, does that count?"

"Um no"

It started to reach 10:30 when the chills really started to bring themselves up, the wind was moving, moving the pages violently.

"Here" Andrew spoke, handing me his jacket, I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

"No, don't you dare pull those cheesy things." I spoke, attempting to take the jacket off of my shoulders.

"No, leave it! it looks cute on you."

"What is that supposed to mean? isn't cute like what you say to a four year old."

Andrew rolled his eyes. "You should probably head back to your dorm now"

"What about you?"

"Insomnia" was his simple response

"Oh, I'm sorry-that sucks."

"it's okay, here let me walk you back." I gathered my things and walked back to my dorm with Andrew, and he was right, I was in dire need of my dorm because as soon as my head hit the pillow I was fast asleep.