Thirteen~Fangirls and their family

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for a fly."

-Morticia Adams
__________________________

"You're pushing it, buddy." I said to Jax as he plopped down onto the turf next to Luke.

"Relax, nobody will see me." Today he was wearing that stupid fishing hat, a black tank top, and grey sports shorts.

Luke subbed in for one of his friends whom I high fived as he collapsed onto the artificial grass. I sat down next to Jax.

"What's the score?" He asked.

"Four two, we're down."

He shook his head and squinted up at the sun. "I should've come last practice."

I rolled my eyes. "They still have six minutes left. I thought having fun was all that mattered." I said in a mocking tone.

He scoffed. "Now that they are actually good we have to win."

We watched the game for a few minutes. The other team made a goal and Jax cursed under his breath.

"Calm down." I scoffed.

"Oh my god, is that your mom?" Jax pointed to someone in the stands who's face was painted blue, our team color, a giant foam finger in one hand and a GO LUKE flag in the other.

I buried my face in my hands. "I hate my mom."

"Why? She is awesome. My mom used to do that."

I looked over at him. "Oh really? The demon has a mother?"

He immediately realizes that he just told me something about himself and covers it up with a scoff and a light chuckle. "Yeah, whatever, bigmouth. Focus on the game."

"Nope. Tell me. You're hiding something. You just regretted telling me that about your mom. Why?"

He looked over at me and I could tell it was a sore subject.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"No." He swallows hard. "I just...." He sighs. "My mom died five years ago. Ovarian cancer."

"Jax, I.... I'm so sorry."

He scoffed and shook his head. "Why are you sorry? It's not like you're the doctor who misdiagnosed her and found the cancer too late. Don't hate your mom. She's a good one, once she's gone.... You'll regret thinking all of those things."

"Same goes for your stepmom. She cares about you, she cares for you like you're her biological child."

"Don't bring her into this-"

"What's so different?"

"Because she's just the random chick that married my dying dad-" he stopped and pressed his lips together.

I suddenly felt really bad. Both of his parents weren't healthy.

"Alzheimer's, if you're wondering." He clarified, because I was. "He doesn't even know who I am." He chuckles. "I can't walk down the street without someone recognizing me and my own dad doesn't even know my name. I went into acting to get money for my family when I was fifteen because my dad's job as a car salesman wouldn't cut it. By the time I had enough money to pay for my mom's medical expenses and more advanced treatment, she was dead."

Now I felt like a complete bitch.

"I didn't even...... Jax......" I was speechless.

"It's alright. I'm over it.... Mostly. You know what, let's get off the conversation. You know so much about me, what about your dad?"