Fifteen~Fangirls can be dudes

"I looked up through the broken beams of the barn's roof to the night sky. It was full of stars, but I could only see the endless reaches of darkness between them."

-Shadow and Bone, book one of the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
___________________________

My first instinct was to grab it, and pull it back onto my body, as long as no nipple showed, I was good.

But Drew beat me to it.

He pulled the small triangles of fabric back to my chest, wrapping his long arms around my bust, squeezing the bathing suit back on. His hands were holding my boobs and it was kind of weird, but at least I was protected.

We floated along the exit pool, almost everyone staring at us, snickering and whispering.

"Did anything show?" He asked quietly as his fingers palpated my breasts.

"No." I started to tie my top back on, Drew's hold releasing me. "I'm good."

We returned our tube and went back to our chairs, people still staring at us. I burned red with embarrassment. I thought I double knotted it.

Violet was making out with a tanned blond guy when we got back there.

"Vi, I need to go to the bathroom."

She pulled away from him and looked at me. "Erica, can't you see I'm in the middle-"

"Now." I said.

"Aren't you that chick who is dating Jax Anderson?" The guy asked.

I blinked at him a few times before grabbing Violet and dragging her to the bathrooms. The moment we stepped in there, I burst into sobs.

"What's the matter?" She asked tenderly.

I shook my head and buried my face in my hands, pushing away the tears. "My bikini top came off."

Violet scoffed. "Thats its?"

"That's it? At least fifty people saw my boob, and probably recognized me. And that's not even the worst part, Drew started fingering my boobs. Maybe he wasn't trying to but it was weird!"

"What do you want me to do?"

"Go buy me some cheese fries."

***

I didn't talk to Drew the way home. I didn't know what to say. I felt so awkward and embarrassed right now it was unbelievable. Drew didn't say anything either, which was good because I don't know how I could talk to him without crying. But I refused to think this was the end, we just had a little awkward moment, all couples had things like this.

My phone buzzed and I was relieved to have something to look at, even if the text was from my mortal enemy.

IF YOU DON'T ANSWER THIS IN TWO MINUTES IM ASSUMING YOU DROWNED

I thought we weren't talking to each other anymore.

"Who is it?" Drew asked.

No point in lying anymore. "Jax, the little shit won't back off."

"If he's bothering you-"

"No, it's fine. I'll just block his number." I was about to press block when a text came in.

DO NOT GO BACK TO YOUR HOUSE

Why the hell not?

PAPARAZZI

Shit. Luckily, my mom and brother were in San Diego to visit my aunt.

"Can you drop me off at the McDonalds on Sunset Boulevard?"