Chapter nine: Bloodshot Blue Eyes

Hello! How are you doing today? I have a question. I read somewhere that you're able to add sound in a Wattpad story. I searched for tutorials but none of them work >:(. I would like to add some sound to my story, to make it more exciting. For example; Gunshots, maybe some voices of Lisbon or Jane, idk. Do you guys know how to add sound? Please tell me if you know! And thank you so much for reading this story :) I want to dedicate this chapter to thementalistgirl because you're just so nice to everyone :D 

Lisbon nodded, still trying to catch her breath. "Van Pelt and Rigsby are here.. Alex is arrested and.." Jane frowned, noticing she was freaking out. Wanting to calm her down, he walked up to her slowly and pulled her closer to him, wrapping his arms around her. His embrace was warm, and his big, strong arms seemed very protective when wrapped around Lisbon's frail body. She buried his face into the crook of Jane's neck. Jane sighed, gently stroking her hair. He knew Red John would go after them again, but he didn't care right now. All he wanted was to be with Lisbon. He loved her. They were standing like that for a while, both never wanting this moment to end.

[ 2 Days later] 

Lisbon sat quietly behind her familiar desk in the office. She was very delighted to be there again even though she had to fill in tons of paperwork and answer various questions about the experience with Red John. Jane's father Alex had been interrogated a couple of hours ago. Shivers ran down her spine as she thought of the creepy, yet sad man. The interrogating didn't go well.

[3 Hours earlier]

Lisbon sighed as she collected all her courage to go in the interrogation room. Normally, interrogating suspects wasn't such a big deal, but this was different. She was going to talk with Jane's father who brutally tortured his own son the other day. They held a grudge against each other which wasn't very odd. Her mind wandered off to the events that had happened 2 days ago. Jane and she were happily hugging after Rigsby and Van Pelt arrested Jane's father. She was a bit surprised at first when he wrapped his arms around her body, but melted promptly away in his arms. Lisbon stared into the distance of the warm desert and listened to Jane's accelerated breathing. They both looked up as they heard the sounds of sirens in the far distance. As the white with black police cars parked right next to the building, Lisbon and Jane pulled away from each other. Several FBI and CBI agents got out of their cars and rushed into the building. "I'm going to .. check on them" Spoke Lisbon and she also rushed into the building, leaving Jane standing alone in the overheating desert. He watched her running towards the once abandoned building which was now completely overloaded with people. His hands ran through his casual wavy and curly hair. His hair was a mess, he was a mess. He sat down on the rock again, feeling dizzy. It was as if he was sitting in a rollercoaster and like he needed to throw up any moment. Jane closed his eyes in confusion and tried to focus his mind. It didn't help so he opened them again, noticing everything was spinning around him. He felt his tingling arms and legs become numb. His vision started to blurry as his exhausted body fell down onto the ground. 

"Van Pelt, could you drive Jane and me to the hospital? He needs care." Lisbon had ran over to her colleague and friend, asking for this favor. Van Pelt nodded as she pulled out her car keys out of her pocket. "Let's go. Where's Jane?" She asked, looking around. "He's still outside." The two agents walked outside, witnessing Jane's pale and shivering body lying on the ground. Lisbon immediately ran over to him, kneeling down. He had lost a lot of blood and had still fought with his father, to save her. He must've been exhausted. Tears started welling up in her eyes but she tried not to cry. "You're going to be okay." She whispered hardly hearable. "Van Pelt? Ambulance?!" Van Pelt nodded. "Already on their way. I'm going to get some agents. Keep him awake." Lisbon couldn't response since Van Pelt had already ran off to get help. "Lisbon..?" Jane's bloodshot eyes were focused on her. His shaking hand moved slowly over to her hand. She grasped it and squeezed softly. "Don't talk. Just try to think about.. beautiful things." She was used to comfort her little brothers and this was the tactic she'd always used when her brothers couldn't sleep. It worked most of the time. She didn't want Jane to fall asleep though, but he needed to calm down and try to not think about the pain he was feeling. "Beautiful..things.. Like..you?" He mumbled, slowly closing his weary eyes. Lisbon's cheeks changed from complexion to a light red/pink color. She tapped softly with her index finger against his cheek. He opened his eyes again and forced a weak smile. Lisbon sighed and chuckled as she stared into his eyes. "You're nearly dying and you're still trying to be charming."