Chapter ten: Maintenance and.. Jisbon

Yo. So I was with that friend who didn't like the Mentalist at first but she loves it now (yeas) today. And we had a selfieshoot (photoshoot but with selfies. I actually just made up the word myself) So I wanted to scare her and when she was gone to the toilet, I took some red paint and painted a Red John smiley on a tree near in the garden. Then I grabbed a knife out of the kitchen, hid in the bushes and jumped out as soon as she saw the smiley. She screamed and punched me. Woops. I have such a bad taste of humor. Sorry. Let's just write this chapter already since i'm totally  ruining the cliffhanger from last chapter. 

"Dear Patrick and Teresa.

I'm glad you escaped. Mr Jane wasn't really doing his job right, but don't worry. He'll pay eventually for his mistakes. I'm genuinely not so delighted you're taking part in this game Teresa, but Patrick was right. I'm using my accomplices, so he can do that too. I want you to do a thing for me. I accidently might have kidnapped your precious friend and colleague Grace. Want her back? Just..kill Alex Jane. Three days Patrick.

Red John."

[1 Day later, at Lisbon's apartment] 

He woke up, feeling guilty and vulnerable. The wounds he had gotten a couple days ago started to disappear slowly, some of them leaving brown/reddish scars. The cut on his cheek itched but hurt like hell when he started to scratch. His broken arm caused him not to find a comfortable position to sleep him, so he didn't sleep really well. Rubbing in his eyes, he tried to get up. Slowly and reluctantly, He blinked, closed his eyes, and blinked again. Streaks of sunlight shone through the window and blinded him. He sat up, dragged his feet off the bed, and rubbed his knuckles into my eyes again. He stretched his good arm above my head and yawned loudly. Stretching wasn't a good idea since the stab wound in his stomach started acting up again. He coughed heavily and wrapped his good arm around his stomach, putting pressure on the wound to make the stabbing pain stop. 

"Jane. How are you feeling?" Jane looked up immediately, seeing Lisbon standing in the doorway, leaning against the thin part of wall.The worried look on her face made him look at the ground again. Jane didn't want to get seen like this, especially not by Lisbon. He sighed, groaned and looked at her again. She must've woken up a couple of hours ago since her make up was nicely done and her hair too. She was wearing a sleeveless white blouse with black trim in the middle and under that, she wore black jeans. She wasn't wearing any shoes but was indeed wearing socks. Bright neon colored pink socks. The sight of the so bright and unexpectable choice of socks made Jane grin. His grinning made her look down at her socks. Looking back up with a 'don't judge me' look, she walked over to him and seated next to him. 

"Nice socks." Grinned Jane, following her moves until she sat down beside him. He quickly removed his arm from his stomach. Lisbon rolled with her eyes and stroked a wild curl back that was sticking to his forehead. He was sweating a bit because he was running a fever. It wasn't as high as before but she was still worried about his health. "Your hair's a mess." She said, trying to fix his hair. "I just woke up. I'm allowed to have messy hair at the moment." Groaned Jane as lied down again. He had just woken up, yet he was feeling exhausted again. He wanted to ignore his tiredness though and tried to think about how on earth he was going to choose between his own father and Van Pelt. His father had brutally tortured him and Lisbon the other day and Jane hated him for that. Choosing Jacob over him made his heart crack slightly. So, he wanted to save Van Pelt of course. But the question was; How? Red John wasn't exactly a man who could be trusted. What if he had killed Van Pelt already anyway? Or what if he had killed her already and when Jane would have murdered his own father, Red John would give him the location of where Van Pelt's corpse was settled? Rigsby had already threatened him once before.