Chapter eleven: Chaos

Anyone interested to write a Mentalist oneshot or fanfiction with me? Last week of vacation and i'm bored :3 The authors note is normally pretty long, but i don't have anything interesting to say today so i'll just write this chapter. Feel free to message me whenever you like. I'm mostly up for a conversation to just chat about random things. :D Enjoy reading!

There was a moment of silence and she wondered what was wrong. He didn't dare to look at her so his eyes were focused on the sheets wrapped around him. After a minute, he finally looked at her.

"How the heck did I end up in your bed."

[ 10 Am in the morning. Lisbon's apartment ] 

"Well, you fell asleep and I didn't want you to lie uncomfortably on my couch so I went to my neighbor, asked him if he wanted to move you to my bed. He did and I slept on the couch." Spoke Lisbon, leasurely rolling over so that she was lying on her back. The story wasn't completely true though. She tried at first to wake him up but after he didn't respond, she'd gotten her neighbor Sam; who was a doctor; to check him out. He measured his temperature which was 103.5 at that moment. Lisbon knew this wasn't good, and wanted to bring him back to the hospital. Sam told her she didn't have too, he was only running a high fever and had probably passed out because of that. He just needed a lot of sleep. He also gave her instructions on what he could eat, drink and do since the health of his body wasn't really that good. After that, they'd had dragged Jane over to Lisbon's bedroom and laid him on the two person bed. After she'd thanked him he left.

"Why didn't you just wake me up?"  

"You were sleeping adorably." She said jokingly. However, she knew it wasn't a joke. She actually loved to watch him sleep. He always slept like an adorable little boy, who'd just gotten tucked in by his mother; His arms wrapped around his chest or stomach, a slight smile covering his face and his hair was always messy when he woke up.

"Okay." Lisbon was surprised he didn't ask any more questions since he always noticed when she was lying. Only this time, he didn't.

He dragged his legs out of the bed and sat up straight, rubbing into his eyes with his knuckles. The dark circles underneath his drooping eyes were emitting mental exhaustion and sickness. His rheumy eyes were red and wet and he stared down at the ground. Wistfully thinking about his father and Van Pelt, he got up and walked over to the bathroom. Lisbon followed his movements with her eyes and decided whether she was going after him, or just leave him be for a moment. The last option seemed more compassionate so she didn't follow him and stayed in bed silently, thinking about the Red John case. He'd kidnapped one of her best friends and she couldn't do anything about it. Jane was the one who had to make the choice; Killing his father and hoping Red John would release Van Pelt, or letting his father live and being the cause of an CBI agent's death? She knew Jane was a well-adjusted person who never seemed to worry about a thing. He seemed mentally strong and could solve a case without becoming very upset. Yet, she knew he wasn't that strong. Red John had shown her. 

[ A couple of hours later, at the office.] 

Jane walked over to the interrogation room. He didn't want to go in there, but he needed to do it. He had to kill.. uh interrogate his father. Jane scanned the room anxiously. Everyone was in the 'secret' room where they would watch him and his father talking about Red John. Lisbon, Rigsby and Cho were there for sure. He hid the small knife he'd bought before coming to office with Lisbon in his pocket. Then, he let out a deep sigh and opened the door of the interrogation room.