Car Ride

The car ride home was quiet for the next ten minutes. Then my dad finally spoke
"What the hell happened Sophia?"
I stayed quiet, I didn't know what to say, my dad already doesn't trust me alone, fuck what do I say?
"Dad, I know this is going to sound completely crazy and I know I should've told you from the start.. "
He cut me off
"Tell me what Sophia" he said very firm
I've never heard him talk like that in a while, it got me nervous now.
"Dad the first night we came here I heard something on my bed - and then when I was decorating my room I heard like someone banging on my bathroom door.."
He cut me off once again
"Sophia , there was no one in your room stop with that non sense"
"I knew you wouldn't believe me dad. I knew I shouldn't have said anything, and the reason you picked me up from the police was cause I saw a man figure. Staring the fuck out of me. He smiled so creepily and I ran out and cried out for help. That's when the police came"
We came to a stop to our house
"Sophia, stop it. I don't want to ever pick you up from there again. And I sure as hell don't want to hear that foolishness" he said while getting out of the car.
"Fine, don't believe me, but I'm not sleeping in that fucking room tonight". I said while staring him dead in the eye. And that night I didn't, I slept in the living on the couch with the TV on. I couldn't sleep for shit, and my dad not believing me just made me feel bad cause now he really can't trust me alone. Great.