"I'll keep you safe, I Promise"

James POV
I heard the door creak, probably it was the nurse getting Sophia. I heard her call out for Sophia. Yup I was right. Right when they left I got up and rubbed my eyes.
"wow she's so beautiful, I need to get to know this girl. " I thought to myself.
She seems really sweet, and oh gosh when she blushes its so adorable.
But she'll never like someone like me. In a place like this? Yeah my mom was right. I'm a piece of shit. Who no one will ever love.
I take off my shirt to see the scars I have done on my body throughout the years. Some are new. But the nurses don't know that. I snap out of my thoughts once the door opens.
Shit, its Sophia.

Sophia's POV
I open the door without being considerate that James is asleep I forgot. I see James without a shirt and I see scars all over his body.
"Holy shit, James" I quickly close the door and rush over to him and hug him. Tightly. I feel his hands lifting up to hug me back. I know what it feels like. To cut. To feel pain. To feel like shit inside, to know how much you hate yourself.
I get away from the embrace and sit him down
"James, whats your story?"
He doesn't look at me, he focuses on the ground.
I get his shirt from the ground and hand it to him.
He puts it on and turns his back to me laying on the bed.
" My parents abuse me. Physically and verbally. My dad and mom are druggies. My dad used to remind me everyday that its my fault his parents died. But all I asked for was to see them. I didn't mean for them to get in a car crash while on their way to see me. My mom just hates me. Everyone in my family does. Thats why I'm here, everyone thinks I'm crazy"
I can't help but cry
"James I'm so sorry.."
I start sobbing, he gets up from his bed and hugs me.
"Don't cry for me, I'll be alright, once your ready to tell me your story I'll listen" he says while still hugging me.

"I was here before, this isn't my first time in a place like this. I used to have an addiction to cutting. Ever since the voices in my head were my friends. They told me that it was an escape from reality. To not feel upset about my mom leaving. To not feel upset when my mom used to blame me on everything. To forgot my mom being an alcoholic. So I ended up here, and when I got out I was better. I was on meds but I was better. I found that self harm didn't do anything good for me but make me feel worse. Its not worth it. I wanted to better myself. So I did. But then me, my dad, and baby brother moved and things were getting bad again. But I swear to god, these fresh scars aren't my fault. "
Alex asks confused "who's fault was it then?"
"That's what I'm going to try to figure out. This sounds crazy but I think my new house is haunted. I seen him. Its a man. He smiles at me so creepily. He's the one that grabbed the blade and slit my wrists. That's how I ended up here." I say while looking at the ground.
"Sophia where do you live now"?
"Its a house on Ainsworth Street"
"Wow that's creepy"
"What is"?
"This book I read, this man named charlie died in a house on Ainsworth street. He was so in love with his house that he treated it as if it were his wife. The guy was absolutely crazy. After he died, families started to live in there. And charlie always assumed his wife (the house) was jealous of all the teenage girls so his spirit would do something to get them out and if they came back, he would kill them. "
" oh my god.. " I said while remembering the book I opened up earlier.
"James, I saw a book like that in the library and it was called.. "
I got cut off by him
" CHARLIE WONT LEAVE YOU ALONE. THATS THE BOOK. " he says
"oh my god no" I start crying and put my head on my knees.
I feel James wrap his arms around me
"I'll keep you safe, Sophia. I promise" he whispers while kissing me on the head.