Chapter 13 ~ Finally Home?

Here it is my lovelies!  I will be doing my best to hand over what you're waiting - with baited breath I'm sure - to read. Who will go back and re-read previous chapters, to find the connections between what's in this chapter, and what's been written in previous chapters?

This whole flying business is more tiring than I thought! I've had to stop three times already, just to get food so I could continue. The scenery was beautiful, and thankfully I had successfully managed to lose the wolves that were following me. I talked to the babies as I flew, trying to figure out a way to connect with Chance and Damien, if only to tell them I was safe. Unfortunately I had no success in reaching them or Daniel. I had no way of knowing exactly where I was or how long until I finally got back home – but at least the babies and I were safe.

When I stopped for the fourth time it was at a Sonic Burger; I bought three double cheeseburgers and two large Fries, and water to drink. I ate it all quickly, hoping I could make it close to home. I wish I knew how far away I was...shaking the depressing thoughts, I threw away my trash, used the bathroom, and began walking down the street away from the lights. Once I was covered in darkness, I increased my shield and turned on the invisibility – I'm really loving this! – and I rushed into the sky to continue my flight.

Four hours later and I was feeling more and more that I would never reach my home. Home – what a beautiful word. I never thought I'd ever be truly safe, and I was hopefully close to the men who had changed everything for me. As soon as I thought of Chance and Damien, I felt a strange fluttering in my stomach. Placing my hands and our children, I wished I were with them, being held in their arms. I closed my eyes, remembering the afternoon I had spent with them in their room, wishing I could lie between them, sharing our dreams of the future.

Suddenly the world around me shifted, flashing from the sky I was currently flying in, to Chance and Damien's bedroom. I opened my eyes in shock, feeling the fluttering in my stomach become much stronger. I looked around the night sky, ensuring the strange light was still guiding me. It was there, then it was gone and my surrounding completely changed. I was no longer flying in the sky; I was hovering above a bed! How? Where am I? Frightened I fell onto the bed in a heap, no longer invisible, with my bright wings covering a once sleeping figure on either side of me.

I gasped in fright, trying to figure out where I was just as the two sleeping figure sat up, their bodies pushing my wings and I to the end of the bed. I wrapped my wings around me in terror as I looked around the room, searching desperately for something to tell me where I was.

"Who are ya an' what are ya doin' in our bed Wha' do ya want?" A gruff voice demanded, making my skin tingle.

"P-p-please, don't hurt me! I don't know where I am..." I said, afraid I had somehow ended up back where I was running from.

"Who? Hold on, lemme switch on the light. I wanna see who's in our bed." Said another gruff voice, and I wanted to make myself as small possible, afraid of what was to come. Surprisingly a soft glow illuminated the room, rather than the harsh, bright light I was expecting.

"Can ya move tha' thing off ya, so we can see who ya are?" the second voice said softly. Was this man trying to comfort me?

Slowly I lowered my wings, bracing myself for a possible attack. What I saw had me bursting into tears. I wasn't scared any longer – I was the happiest girl in the world! Before me were my men – MY MEN - I was home!

"Ga-Gabby? Is tha' you?" Whispered Chance, his voice breaking.

"Yes, it's me, I'm finally home. Oh I missed you both so much!" I cried out, pushing my wings back I flung myself at them. They opened their arms, trying to hug me.