Chapter 6 ~The Beauty Within

Four weeks, two days.

I can’t get over how beautiful this house is! Every room is as though I designed and decorated it myself…well, aside from the game room, but that’s because I don’t play them.

The kitchen is a chef’s dream! Two double ovens, a separate double boiler, a restaurant sized dishwasher, a giant double sink…Let’s not forget the granite stovetop and the vegetable sink in the center island! Oh, the counters are this amazing light blue porcelain, while the walls are painted a light yellow. All of the cupboards are built in this fabulous mahogany finish, with frosted glass doors and silver knobs. There is every pot, pan and kitchen utensil anyone could ever need…the stove, it has twelve large burners and four more small ones; perfect for a tea kettle. Every piece of flatware, as well as the cooking utensils, are made of silver and polished until they gleam. The floor is what’s really different-at least to me. It’s made of these blood-red stones, which are square shaped and rounded on top. All in all, the kitchen is my favorite room to be in. I can’t forget about the double door fridge with the separate double door freezer, both are polished silver as well. On the counter (in matching silver) is a state-of the art microwave and toaster oven, along with a knife block. In the cupboards immediately to the left and right of the stovetop are various spices, seasonings and cooking oils. In the far corner are two doors; one is the walk-in pantry, and the other leads to the stairway, the laundry room and another door that takes you outside.

The dining room has a giant table in the middle; it seats twenty people easily (this is without the leaves in), and there are two tables lining the walls opposite the kitchen and living room. These serve as buffet tables during most meals, so everyone isn’t interrupted by passing plates and such. The table is made of polished pine, as are the buffet tables. There’s a double sided fireplace in the wall separating the dining room from the living room, which keeps the room quite warm and cozy. On the kitchen wall is a built-in stereo, which is always on during dinner; usually playing soft country music (there ARE a bunch of cowboys/girls here). The walls are painted a deep emerald green, while the floor was made of polished wood. The celling was surprisingly a sky blue (what there was of it) while most of it was made of clear double-paned plexiglass, allowing the outdoor light to shine in during the day, and the stars to shine brightly at night.

The living room, oddly enough, was painted a bright orange color, which went well with the dark furniture in the room. There were brown leather two L-shaped couches, along with two matching brown leather chairs between them and the giant flat-screen tv that is hooked to a platform on the wall. There are two maple tables beside the chairs, two matching coffee tables in front of the couches, and another maple table behind the couch. There are paintings on the walls, all of natural scenery. There are a couple with what look to be giant wolves in them, some looking at each other, some sleeping peacefully in the sun. A couple other paintings are of different water scenes, while the last one is of an entire pack of wolves howling at the moon. There are more than a hundred wolves in that pack, and I can’t help but get the feeling that the scenery in that painting is more…lifelike than I know it is. The flooring is hardwood, as is most of the house, not counting the kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms.

The game room is simply that; another giant flat-screen tv, this time with a table underneath with every type of gaming console known to man (I’m pretty sure of it). The left wall is a large bookcase, except this one is filled with games, controllers and any other device a person might need. On the right wall are the controls for the sound system, which turned a simple game into a surround sound game. Up close to the tv are bean-bag chairs, of various shades of green, blue and red. Spread out farther back are four velvet, midnight blue chairs and two velvet, emerald green couches.

In the entrance to the house (inside the door) there was a triple line of hooks for coats,  three shelves near the floor for shoes (with a removable tray under each), a hat stand and an umbrella holder. The door opened to the right; the hooks and whatnot were on the same wall, as there was a bathroom on the other side of the wall, and the dining room was on the left of the door.