Chapter 6 Texting

"No, it's really not." I said, breathless.

I tried to escape but his arms caged me in.

The hallway was completely empty, no one to come and save me.

"Nate please." He started to kiss up my neck, nipping it occasionally.

"Nate." I said, putting my hands on his shoulders, attempting to push him away.

"So, where are you going with Brian?" He stopped kissing my neck and looked into my eyes.

"Nate. It's none of your business. Why do you even care?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I care because you are my best friend, I'm supposed to care." He smiled slightly.

"We aren't best friends, don't you realize that? I never forgave you, and I probably never will. You broke me, and now you're back, right when I found all my pieces. Just go away Nate. And don't come back." I pushed him away and this time it worked.

As I walked away, a cliche thought came to mind.

Maybe he'll run after me.

But reality isn't a fairytale, and I'm not a princess.

-----

"Cally, you're..." Mr. Anderson trailed off looking at the clock, "15 minutes late, what's your excuse? You slept in late? You got lost? You-"

I interrupted him, "I was dealing with a boy I didn't want to deal with."

I went to my seat and sat down, everyone was quiet except for some whispers.

"Alright kids, get to work on this worksheet, and when you're done, come to me to get a hall pass and then you're free to go." He smiles as he hands out the worksheet to me.

"Good luck with the boy." He said, patting my head.

I scowled at him and started to work on the worksheet.

20 minutes later I was done, some of the class was also finished, so I went to the front and grabbed a hall pass.

"Bye." I said to Mr. Anderson and walked out of the room.

I had about another half an hour to spare so I spent it sitting on the hallway wall.

15 minutes went by and I started to play games on my phone.

Another 5 minutes went by and I was laying on the floor, counting how many holes we had in the ceiling.

"So, got done early too huh." I heard a familiar voice.

I sat up and saw Brian standing there, smiling.

"Yeah." I smiled back.

"Mind if I sit?" He pointed towards a spot next to me.

"No no, go ahead." He sat down next to me, wrapping his arms around his knees.

"I heard you and Nate were best friends." He told me.

"Yeah, we were. In middle school, then before freshman year, he left. Just like that." In the end my voice started cracking.

"Well I see he's back. Are you guys gonna go back to normal?" He took my hand.

"No. Hell no." I chuckled, "he's changed. I've changed. A lot has changed." He nods in understanding.

We sat in silence until my phone goes off.

I let go of Brian's hand and check my phone.

Hey sweetheart, still mad at me?

I roll my eyes and show Brian the text.

"Sweetheart? Really?" I laugh with him.

"Yeah well, he's weird like that." I shrug.

"Yeah, he is." Brian looks at me in the eyes.

He starts to lean in, but before the distance is closed between us, my phone goes off again.

I groan and check my phone again.

Oh, so you're ignoring me now? Come on sweetheart.

I turn my phone on silent and look over at Brian.

"Sorry about him, he's a dork." I bite my lip.

"It's alright. Besides, we shouldn't be moving so fast." I nod in agreement.

I look at the clock, it's almost time for the next class.

"Come on, we will be late if I sit here anymore." I see kids pour out of there classes.

And you don't want to see Nate.

That too.

We hold hands and walk until we reach my locker.

"Go Brian, you'll be late." I push him away.

"Ok fine." He kisses my cheek.

"I'll see you tonight!" I told him.

"See you!"

I grab my stuff for math and close my locker.

I felt a vibration in my bag, so I take out my phone and check it.

Oh so you let him kiss you but not me. That hurts sweetheart.

I groan in frustration and reply to him as I'm walking,

First of all, he kissed my cheek. Second of all, I'm not your sweetheart. So stop calling me that.

I hit send and walk into my class.

I sit in back row again, the seat I sat in yesterday and wait for a reply.

Nah, I'm good, I like the name.

Are you always this frustrating?

Only with you. ;)

Shut up Nate, class is about to start.

He replied 5 minutes later, right when Ms. Clark, the math teacher, turned to the board.

Do you remember when we kissed in our tree?

I stared at the text for a long time, (more like 30 seconds) and I replied with a simple reply.

Of course.

Good.

And I didn't reply again.

God why did he bring that memory up.

---------

OKAY GUYS YOU SHOULD BE GLAD I DID 2 UPDATES IN ONE DAY. BE GRATEFUL.

I MIGHT DO ANOTHER BUT IT DEPENDS ON HOW IM FEELING.

OKAY GUYS BYEEE

Much love,

_turtledove_