Chapter 3 pt 1 - First day

First Day

I groaned immensely as I slugged my butt down the hall. I hadn’t the slightest clue where the office was so grabbing my schedule would be a tad difficult.  I turned a corner and bumped into someone, I backed away apologizing frantically. This was not the best way to make friends by being as clumsy as I usually was.

“New girl, you’re not very coordinated are you?” I head a low chuckle as I looked up to see who it was that  I had bumped into and those blue eyes just devoured me.

“Uh... yeah. I mean no. No I’m not.” I added nervously as I felt my face begin to flush with embarrassment.

“ Office is just down there.” The same tall blond guy from earlier, pointed only 7 feet away from where I was standing.

“Thanks, I’m Faith by the way.” I smiled politely just hoping he’d give me a name, I thought at least with that I’d be able to place where I might know him from.

“You’re welcome Faith.” He grabbed his bags and continued strutting down the hall towards his class.

Alright so I’ve been here about one day and already I’m finding that people were less than friendly than back home. Zane up to date seemed like a pretty stand up guy despite the fact he was in a relationship with my new found cousin who just conveniently happens to be less fond of me. I made my way to where the office where I was made more welcome than  by my peers.

“ Ms Hortevenko, here’s your locker number, combination and schedule.” The secretary looked around the office to the few students who were in there and called a pretty little brunette over who had a few piercings and a backpack covered in skulls and band labels slung over her side as she rolled her eyes.

“What can I do for you Ms Mac?” The girl popped a bubble she blew with her gum before eyeing my curiously.

“Erin, Faith here has first period English with you can you kindly show her to the class?”

Erin nodded but just as quickly  flung the office door open while pulling me behind her. “ Your the girl who got out of my brother’s truck this morning.” Erin stated while crossing her arms while staring at me intently.

“Zane’s your brother? Yeah he came over to pick up my cousin but she ever so kindly left me there stranded and he was nice enough to drive me to school.” I smiled while following behind Erin who began to walk down the hallway towards our classroom as I followed a proper distance behind her.

“Your related to Hazel? I can’t stand her. She acts all sweet to me when Zane’s around but a total bitch behind closed doors.” Erin’s tone seemed more irritated at the mention of Hazel but so far she seemed pretty decent.

“Tell me about it, I’m stuck wearing her leftovers until I have a chance to go shopping.” I added feeling the discomfort of the skirt and top which I constantly found myself adjusting  but it was far too short for my liking.

“Oh thank god you don’t normally dress like that. I took you for one of those Malibu barbies when I first saw you.” Erin turned around to grin at me before coming to a halt in front of a room that read “4A English Lit”.

I let out a laugh. “Far from.”

“Well if you want you could always come over after school I’m sure I have some clothes you might actually like.” Erin seemed a little shy but there was just something that glowed about her. Her eyes were the nicest shade of blue , it was actually pretty noticeable that she resembled Zane but it was her smile she was just so genuinely sweet.

“Definitely that would be cool.” I smiled broadly as we walked into the classroom to find a very irritated teacher glaring at the two of us.

“Ms Masterson your late again, what do you have to say for yourself?” The tall , thin woman tapped her heel impatiently while holding up chalk to the chalkboard clearly irritated by our interruption.