Chapter 16

~ Anna's POV ~

I was peacefully sleeping when someone shook me. I groaned and turned around the other way. The same person shook me again and turned me over.

"What do you want? Can't I just sleep in for once?" I said rubbing my eyes.

"But you have a plane to catch." A male voice said.

I opened my eyes and Daniel was standing there. What is he doing here?

"How'd you get in here?" I asked him.

"Jonah answered the door. He almost punched me at first, but I had to tell him that you forgave me." He says so calm.

"Wow. Ok."

"So are you gonna get up you lazy butt?"

"I guess I have to now."

I got up and went in the bathroom to get ready. When I got out, Daniel was sitting on my bed looking at his phone.

"Watcha doing?" I asked him.

"Just some last minute things for the tour." He says while putting his phone in his pocket.

"What time does the plane take off?" I asked.

"1:00."

"And what time is it now?"

"10:00."

"Daniel! I could still be asleep right now! I'm going back to bed!" I said as I started getting under the covers and covering my head.

"So you don't want pancakes?" He asked.
I shot straight up from the bed, and looked him in the eye.

"Pancakes were never mentioned. Let's go." I said and got out of bed.

"You want to go to IHOP?" Daniel asked.

I nodded my head and grabbed my phone as we went out the door. The thing from yesterday was still bugging me, even though I know the truth.

"Daniel?" I started.

"Hm?"

"Did you - nevermind." I decided not to ask him anything just in case it would start into a minor fight.

"Anna, I can see in your eyes that something is bugging you. What is it?" He looked at me with concern in his eyes.

Man, I knew I'm not good at hiding things.

"I just wanted to know if you were telling the truth about what happened yesterday. I have a feeling that you were telling the truth, but it's still bugging me. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm-" He cut me off.

"I promise you that I was telling you the truth. I don't blame you for being like this, because I would probably be the same way. Quit worrying your pretty little head." He was facing me and holding both of my hands the whole time. He bent down and kissed my forehead.

I just nodded my head, and we kept walking towards IHOP.

Daniel kept staring at me while we were walking.

"What?" I asked him.

"Nothing. You're just so beautiful." He smiled, and I blushed.

"Dang it Daniel, you make me blush so much!"

"And you look good while doing it." He said, which only made me blush more.

We got to IHOP since the walk was only like 5 minutes. Daniel opened the door for me, and I walked in.