Chapter 34

~ Anna's POV ~

"Jake!"

"Anna! Where are you?! Shit!" I hear him yell and something break in the background.

"I love you." I say, sobbing.

"Listen to me. You hang up on this call, and you call the police. Do you hear me?" He asks.

"It's no use! Either way, I'm probably going go die! He might have a weapon if I stop. And if I don't, I'll crash into something! I'm going the fastest I can go!" I yell at him.

"Anna! You aren't going to die! Listen to me, please! Hang up and call the police. Please." He says, his voice shaky.

"I love you, and if anything happens, please go on with your life. Please don't be sad or depressed. Tell my family I love them, and tell them to be happy as well. Find another girl, a prettier and smarter one. Tell her that you love her every chance you get, hug her and kiss her before y'all go anywhere different, because you'll never know when it'll be the last. I love you, Daniel." I say crying, and trying my hardest to see the road.

"Don't say that! You'll see tomorrow. You'll see me again. You'll see your family. You'll see the sun rise until you're 110 years old. Now hang up and call the police. I love you." He says. He's clearly crying, because his voice cracks almost in every sentence.

"I love you, too." I say and hang up the call.

I quickly call 9-1-1 and explain the situation I'm in.

"Okay ma'am, I'm going to send policemen your way. Keep me updated with what signs you see. What street are you on?"

"Um, all I see is something that says 'Fort Lauderdale Highway 410.'" I say shakily.

"Alright. You're on a highway. I need you to honk at anyone who's in your way."

"Alright."

"What color and what brand is your car?"

"Black Toyota."

"Alright. Your name and age?"

"Anna and 15." I say.

"Okay, Anna. Is the person still following you?"

I look in my rearview mirror.

"Yes." I say, and a tear comes out of my right eye.

"Do you have any clue who that person is?"

"Yes, I do."

"Who is it?"

"His name is Jake. He used to go to my school, he actually used to be my friend. But turned out that he was crazy."

"Okay. Do you see any policemen around you? There should be about four police cars with sirens on."

"No." I say and let out a shaky breath.

'That's it. This is it. My life is going to end.'

Just as I was going to give up, I heard sirens.