Twenty

This is a happy one. I promise.

I'm on such a roll. A chapter a day (I think today's the last for a while though! Studying!) But at least this one's happy. And that picture on the side made me lol ;)

I realise I forgot to do a dedication on the previous chapter, so the previous one is dedicated to the lovely CatherineFaySimmons and this one goes to the lovely Icecream3!

Thank you so much for reading and voting! Enjoy m'dears!

------------------

I really didn't want to make any mistakes so I decided the best way forward would be to speak to Richard about it. Lately, he'd been almost like my guardian angel, helping me out with all my moral dilemmas.

I highly doubted Richard would be doing anything tonight, unless he had some sort of desperate assignment due tomorrow. But knowing him, he'd probably start it at about three in the morning which meant he'd have plenty time to come out on a midnight walk with me.

I abandoned the essay I was "writing" and padded along the hallway to Richard's door. I paused for a few moments and then gently rapped my knuckles on his door.

"Yeah?" he hollered in a very odd tone. Almost as if he were drunk, but this is Richard we're talking about. He doesn't get drunk.

"It's Minnie," I said back. I then realised I hadn't opened the door and probably looked (sounded?) like an idiot and shoved the door open, almost flying into his room.

He was sprawled across the floor, except his neck was bent in the most painful looking position, propped up by the support of his bed. His arms were tucked into his sides making them look half the length with a beer in one hand and his MacBook sitting on his... stomach, the screen flipped in an odd angle because of his overall odd choice of seating.

"Um, are you busy?" I asked, wondering if I was interrupting him at all.

"Nope," he said, his eyeballs revolving upwards to face me. "How can I help you?"

"Er, I was wondering if you might be free for the next half hour or so?" I asked.

"Is that meant to be a sexual question?" he asked, suggestively raising his eyebrows.

"Richard!" I yelled, whilst he smirked cheekily to himself, amused. "Why do I even trust you?! To help me with SERIOUS dilemmas?!"

He laughed and swiped his laptop off to the side and sat up properly. "I'm only joking, you know that, Minnie," he said, trying to contain his giggles. "But yeah, what do you want?"

"I was wondering if you might like to come on a walk with me. You give good advice, that's why, before you get any inappropriate thoughts, mister," I said, mock-scolding.

He grinned. "Sure, of course," he said as he grabbed a jacket off from the floor and put it over his hoodie, and then jumped into a pair of trainers. "I'm ready."

I laughed and I went to my room to fetch my own jacket. London's weather wasn't being particularly kind to us and it was getting rather frosty, despite nearing spring. I grabbed my keys and phone and stuck my head into a furry hat.

I found him in the kitchen opening a bottle of Smirnoff. He then offered me a bottle which I politely refused.

"You won't get drunk; it's not even all alcohol," he said, taking a sip of his own. "It's refreshing. It'll calm you down."

"Because clearly I'm angry?" I said, and ironically my voice began to rise. He laughed and I couldn't help to laugh back.

He opened it and I sipped it and was pleasantly surprised with a tangy blueberry taste, a sweet berry taste. It was almost like a thinner, lighter version of a juice and decided I liked it. Richard grinned, knowing he'd proved me wrong, as we walked towards the door.