05|| Interrogation

Mira woke up in a haze, she didn't recognize her surroundings. She tried to move, only to receive a sharp pain that shot through her back.

Everything that had happened to this point came flashing back. The woods, on their way to Sacred Grove.

The ambush...and getting injured. Where was she now then?

"Mira." A voice called out into the darkness. She heard some shuffling and the sound of chains rattling.

As her eyesight began to adjust to the darkness, she saw Link peering at her a few feet away. They seemed to be in some sort of dark chamber.

Link crawled as close to her as the shackles around his wrists and ankles would allow.

"How's your back?"

"It still hurts a bit." Mira answered with a wince. "Where's Conan?"

"I don't know. They took him out a little while ago." Link informed her.

"Do you think they took him out because he isn't like us? He doesn't share the..you know. Destiny with us." She whispered.

Link shrugged. "I have no idea."

Just then a heavy door was thrown open to the side of the room. Dim torch light flooded the small area.

Two Bokoblins led Conan into the room by his chains. His bindings were secured against the wall. The monsters left, slamming the door behind them.

"Where did they take you?" Link asked the returned boy.

"Another room. I was questioned by a woman. And that man thing that was at the ambush." Conan told them.

"What did you tell them?" Mira asked.

"Nothing." Conan replied.

The Bokoblins returned. This time they unhooked Mira's chains from the wall. She yelped when they yanked her chains, throwing her arms forward and hurting her back.

They guided her from the room, securing the door once again. She noticed a Moblin stood guard next to it.

She followed the stone corridor. On each side were cells. Some were guarded with a Bokoblin or Moblin, others appeared unoccupied.

They climbed a winding stone staircase and followed yet another hall once they reached the top. At the end of the hall a large door waited.

Two Moblins stood next to it. They opened the door for them to enter when they approached.

The room that waited for Mira was dark, only lit with torches. A large table was placed in there. At one end a woman was seated with the man from the ambush standing to her right.

Mira was forced into a seat, sending pain through her back once again. Her shackles were secured to the arms of the chair and then the Bokoblins left.

"Hello." The cold voice of the woman spoke from across the table.

The woman had white-blonde hair and piercing crimson eyes. Her dress was all black, along with the crown that rested upon her head.

"Who are you?" Mira asked.

The woman chuckled darkly. "My name is Laila, current Queen of Hyrule. And you are...Mira?"

"You aren't the queen of Hyrule and you'll never be." Mira snarled.

"Oh I definitely am. And once my King is resurrected, we'll rule Hyrule together. Turning it into a Kingdom of darkness." The queen smirked.