The Aftermath

Luke's POV:

We were at the hospital until three in the morning, before the doctor walked into the waiting room. "The family or friends of Jewel Biscay?" we all immediately stood up and went over to the doctor. He looked at all of us with an expression that told me something bad happened. "I am very sorry to have to inform you of this, but we were not able to save her. She was too far gone before we even got there." And with that being said he walked away presumably to go tend to other patients.

Once I heard that my legs almost gave out. Thankfully Michael noticed and caught me. He basically had to drag me to the car so that we could go home.

When we pulled into the driveway, everyone got out of the car except for me. I didn't want to move at all. I mean my girlfriend just died from doing drugs. Did anyone know about her drug abuse? If they did then why was it kept a secret from me? Like seriously, I was her boyfriend. We weren't supposed to have any secrets. I thought that she had told me everything about her, but I guess that I was wrong.

I was taken out of my thoughts by Calum smacking my arm. "What the hell Cal?!" I really wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone at the moment. He put his hands up in defense and backed away from the car.

"Dude you need to go inside the house with us. I know that you are really upset but you do have a life to live still." I know that he was right, but at the moment I didn't care. To be honest I didn't really care about anything at the moment.

I stubbornly got out of the car and closed the door. Then I slowly walked into the house and collapsed onto the couch. Lizzy was sitting on the couch next to me. I could tell that she wanted to say something, but thankfully she didn't.

"What do you want to say?" I asked frustrated since I had an idea what she was thinking about saying. She just shook her head to say nothing. I sighed and she stood up and walked to wherever.

Lizzy's POV:

I wanted to ask Luke if he knew about her using drugs, but I decided against it. I knew that he wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone. I just got up from the couch and went to my room.

When I got to my room I heard the shower going and smiled slightly. I'm glad that Mike was getting more comfortable in this house. I jumped onto my bed and pulled my phone out my pocket. I went onto different social media sites, but got bored really quickly. So then I decided on going through Pinterest.

A few minutes after I heard the bathroom door open and I looked up to see Mike walk out in only a towel. "Well aren't you comfortable around me now?" I said jokingly and he just smirked.

"I forgot to bring clothes into the bathroom with me." he then went and grabbed some clothing from my closet that I didn't notice. When did he put them there? I think he saw that I was confused because he smirked. "I'm surprised that you didn't notice them before. I had these here for about a month now." (I don't remember how long everyone was supposed be together, but I'm going to say about four or five months.)

"Seriously?! Why didn't you just ask me? I would have let you use as much closet space as you want."

"Well then, can I use some of your closet space for my clothes?" I laughed and nodded my head yes. He smiled and said that he will get his stuff tomorrow, since they had already planned on going back there anyways.

"So does this mean that you're moving in with me?" I was semi joking and semi not. I kind of hoped that he wouldn't get freaked out and run.

"I guess it does, but if this relationship starts to go south then I'm going to have to move out." He was really calm about it and I was grateful for that. He then walked back into the bathroom to get changed.

I couldn't stop smiling though. Why does he have this kind of effect on me? I got lost in my thoughts like I usually do.

Michael came back into the room and was snapping his fingers in front of my face. I shook my head to clear the thoughts and looked up at him expecting him to make a joke. He didn't, instead he layed down next to me.

He then pulled me towards him and wouldn't let me go. I turned around in his grip to face him. He smiled at me and I smiled back, but then hid my face in his chest. I started blushing from being embarrassed. I have no idea why I was embarrassed though.

"Hey don't hide your beautiful face from me. Why are you getting embarrassed? Lizzy, please look at me." obviously I looked up and he smiled at me. "Why did you hide your face?"

"You made me blush."

"And how did I do that?" I laughed and shook my head. "I just want to know for future references."

"I started blushing because of the way you looked at me. There's really no other way to explain it." I started blushing again because it was difficult to explain it without blushing.

He didn't say anything after that, since he was smiling so much. I cuddled into him more and soon fell asleep, because we didn't get sleep last night. We were at the hospital all night waiting for the news about Jewel. I am still so shocked that she would do drugs. Especially the amount it would take to overdose.