The Start of Something New

Lizzy’s POV:

I was just hiding from the world at an abandoned park on the monkey bars. Then all of a sudden Michael, who was the last person I ever thought would show up, is sitting next to me telling me that he likes me… a lot. The weird thing is, well it’s weird for me, but I think I might like him a lot too. “Please say something!” I hear Michael plead which brings me out of my thoughts. “Sorry! I was thinking about stuff, but I think I like you too…A lot!” I respond not looking at him directly. Out of my peripheral vision I see him smile slightly looking down at his hands while he messes with them. I grab his hand and intertwine our fingers together to see if it would calm him down, or at least make him less nervous. Even though holding his hand was making me nervous to hold his hand he didn’t pull his hand away so I didn’t either. “Do you want to start walking back to your house?” I ask him kind of hoping that he says no so that we can be alone for a little longer, but of course that doesn’t happen when I hear him say sure. We both hop off of the monkey bars which meant that we had to let go of each other’s hands. We started walking back to the boy’s home and along the way I feel a slight tug on my hand. I look down and see Michael’s hand try and lock our hands together and I helped him with it.

Once we got back to the house we walked inside and forgot we were still holding hands until everyone’s eyes automatically went to them. Michael and I quickly dropped our hands and awkwardly scratched the back of our necks while we were getting different types of stares from our friends. Half of them are staring at us and smiling, I guess they were happy that we made truce even though all we did was admit that we think we might have feelings for each other. It’s not like he proposed to me. While, the other half were giving us unsure faces, almost as if they didn’t know if we should be together or if they approved of our so called ‘relationship’. “Take a picture it lasts longer.” I say getting annoyed of them just staring at us. “Umm… What’s going on? I mean not that long ago Ashton and I had to yell at you guys to get along, but now you walk in here holding hands!” Miranda states sounding very confused. It made me want to laugh but I resisted the urge.

“It’s nothing special we just settled our differences.” Michael says nudging me slightly and we both laugh a little bit, while they all look at us really confused except for Luke and Kara. I’m guessing that Michael told them, and I don’t know Luke that well but knowing Kara she didn’t give him a choice. “Wait so are you guys a couple or what??” Calum basically shouts and everyone else nods meaning that they want to know as well.