Just Another One Of Their Toys

The streaming light from his window shades blinded me as I slowly woke up. I couldn't see what was going on around me, with my eyes still being blurry with sleepyness. My ears were still working perfectly though, so my hearing zoned in on the other side of the room.

"Yeah baby, I'll see you when I get rid of this flake." whispered Adam with the sound of a smile in his voice. We're friend so I know he's kidding but I felt a little pang in my chest which I instantly regretted it as soon as my eyes started to turn glassy. I've learned to ignore the pain of being a stringed dummy in the life of "the boys" but every now and then it starts to get to me.

Tired of listening to Adam bash my self confidence I fake stretch acting like I just now woke up. "Ohh hey I got to go, I'll see you later," rushed Ad while he pulled the blanket around his waist on tighter. When he wakes up in the morning he always looks so sexy, but I constantly smack those thoughts away. Why set yourself up for disappointment when you know you're just a foot mat for them to stampede all over, whever they need you for something?

"Hey Adam," my voice comes out groggily from not speaking all morning. "Morning Annabell, I gotta go in a bit but I think Meyers' got nothing to do today." You see, they figure that when they hang out with me is when I wanna hang out with them. I love my boys we're all really close but I don't know if they are just using me most of the time.

I mean I know they DO use me, but the times when we hang out as a group our friendships seem genuine. For now though, I am just getting passed from friend to friend on the days they have nothing else to do, or need help picking up chicks, etc. You could say I'm just one of their chew toys, but the one thing that makes them different from dogs is: They don't mind sharing their toys.

"Ohh okay well bye Adam." I say slipping on my t-shirt and hurrying out the door. On my way to my dorm I pull out my cell phone checking all my new texts and calls. I have 4 new text from the rest of "The Boys" and 1 call from my friend Maddy. The boys are what our group is called, by basically everyone. The name doesn't include me obviously but I still am usually considered a part of the group.

So the boys consist of Adam, Josh Meyers (But we all call him Meyers), Fin, Tyler, and Klayton. I opened up each of their texts and, knowing me, replied back a "You know it, no problemo, Love ya boo xx." or something close to it to all of my guys.

~Josh's text: Hey Anns wanna hang tonight?

~Fin's text:Hey Anna I had fun the other night, and thanks for helping me catch Alexandra's attention ;).

~Tyler's text:Me+Klayton+You+Hooters waitress, Tomorrow night? Love yah Bell (: xx.

~Klayton's text:Did Tyler text you about our plans tomorrow? If he didn't give me a call babes.

See, I told you they just expect me to help them. Great example: I made a girl jealous the other night to help Fin, I'm most likely a fill in double date for Ty and Klay so later on their hooters girl will hook them up with her friends, and Josh has nothing better to do so I have to fll in the space. I don't think they notice these kind of things, they most likely think I enjoy helping them. To be honest I don't really mind helping them out, we're buds. Even every now and then they help me out too. Sorta.

It kind of hurts though, every relationship I start usually ends because they think thre is always something going on with me and "The Guys." But I mean we never fooled around or hooked up when I was dating someone else. When the guys were(dating someone), it's another story but it's their decision to wreck their relationships not mine.

I might as well get use to it though. They're my boys:Gotta do whatever I can to help. "Hey Joshy Poo, I'm headed your way." I say into my cell phone. "Hey Anns, would you mind picking up my favorite snack on your way over?" I chuckle:Him and those snacks. "You know I'll do anything for one of my boys."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes they kind of are friend with benefits but they don't think of it like that.  Haha(: