Chapter 4 - Settling in

I never realised how lucky I actually am. To come across this big opportunity is literally the best thing that has ever happen to me. Right now Calvin and I, along with the Banjos are pulling up at their house. And no I am not going to say it's like a mansion because it is not. But that's the way I like it. Although a mansion would of been better! As soon as the car came to halt, I unbuckled my seat belt and came out of the car. I waited for the others to come out so we can go into my new house. Funso went around the back to the boot to collect our suitcase.

"Here you go. Ready to go inside?" Funso asked putting my suitcase next to me.

"Nah you don't say," I say in a sarcastic tone. I don't mean to be rude but it's something that gets built up inside of me and just escapes through my mouth. Now I actually regret saying that!

"Umm. Ok. Sorry about that, but let's not wait any longer." He said walking towards the door giving me a confused glare.

Everybody else passed me giving me the same glare as Funso. Now I REALLY regret saying that. Me and my stupid mouth. We all walked through the door and I saw a really nice, comforting and cosy home. This house was actually nice. Better then I thought it would be. For some reason I thought it would be really messy. OMG there I go again. I really need to stop before it costs me a trip back to the care home!

As soon as we shut the door Danielle said,

"Welcome Chantel and Calvin Cambridge 'Banjo' to your new home!"

"Thanks! We're both really happy to be here!" Calvin replied politely.

They were all looking at me as if they wanted me to say something. Then finally, Calvin nudged me obviously wanting me to say something.

"Oh. Yea right. Diddo. I feel the same way."

You see, I'm not the type of person to be thanking or congratulating anyone. Don't get me wrong trust I'm grateful but just not good at expressing it...

Anyway from the kind of awkward and short introduction, Ashley spoke up.

"Yea. So umm I will personally show you guys to your rooms and you can get settled in. By the time you do that I have a surprise for you!"

"Cool! We better get moving then!" Calvin stated excitedly.

"Well let's go!"

And with that Calvin, Ashley and I trotted up the stairs. This house was actually really nice. When we approached the last step Ashley started to speak again.

"So up here is where there are the 'kids' rooms. Upstairs is where mum and dad sleep as they have the master bedroom, but that doesn't stop our rooms from being any better does it?"

"Actually is kind of does..." I stated rolling my eyes.

"Chants!" Calvin warned.

"What he asked and I'm just saying."

"Ok then, ummm let's carry on with the tour." Ashley murmured.

As soon as we finished looking around we eventually got shown our bedrooms. They were already painted and decorated. One blue and one pink. A bit stereotypical don't you think? I'm guessing the pink ones mines and blues Calvins. Even though mine had a white wall it was still covered in pink things. Arggh! I don't even like pink.

I guess my face said everything because Ashley said,

"Don't worry, you don't like it we can decorate it."

Thank you! Im so happy that these people are easy going. I really need to sort my attitude out before I ruin the best family!

"So, I'll leave you guys to unpack and freshen up and when your ready just come downstairs alright?" Ashley reassured.

"Yea thanks man!" Calvin said giving a manly hug to Ashley.

"Yea thanks Ash. You're alright." I said also giving him a hug.

"Aww thanks guys. Remember if questions are needed to be asked, come downstairs for the answer."

With that final word he went back downstairs leaving Calvin and I to stand there.

"Well, bye Chants gonna unpack now." Calvin said leaving me by myself now.
Instead of standing there looking like an idiot, I went into my room and started to unpack. The room was pretty big, considering I had to share one at the home, but this is all to myself! I made sure everything that I unpacked was nice and tidy, folded down and no mess in sight.

When I had finally finished, I decided to go into Calvins room to check how he was doing. I swung open the door to see Calvins dripping wet body with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Jeez bro," I said immediately covering my eyes from the sight.

"You could of least warned me!"

"Well excuse me for not expecting someone to just waltz on in without a knock being heard!" he exclaimed.

"And come on, I don't look that bad. I've been working out. I mean look at these guns." he said flexing his muscles.

"More like gummy worms to me..." I replied a matter of factly.

"Whatever. What do u want anyway?"

"Firstly, are you decent now because my arms getting tired from covering my eyes." I asked

"Yea go on."

"Good and I came in here to check up on you. I'm really bored."

"Well I was just on my way down to see what 'suprise' Ashley said he had for us. You coming."

"Alright I'll come." I said.

Calvin and I were walking down the stairs and went into a random room that just so happened to be the living room. We saw the five Banjos sitting there talking and stopped as soon as they saw us.

"Hey guys. You alright?" Talisa asked us both.

"We're fine. Just came down to ask if we could see the suprise Ashley has in store for us."

"Oh yes. Well I have dance rehearsals today and I was wondering if you guys had the honour of joining me." Ashley asked.

This was actually a big deal. I mean going down to the studio where Diversity dance is pretty cool. Also Calvin and I are their biggest fans since they stepped on that stage in 2010. I think it was 2010... Oh well!

"So would you guys like to join me?"

"OBVIOUSLY!! This is the best day EVER!!!" Calvin responded.

Okay. To be honest, Calvin was the biggest fan. He loves to dance and just meeting Diversity was a dream of his. But now, we're both adopted by two of the members and we get to see the dance personally. I can tell this is going to be a great day.

"So Chants, wanna come?"

"Yea sure." I answered less excitedly. Like I said before, I'm not so good with showing so much emotion. Especially when it comes to new people. The only person I really shown emotion to is Jonathan...

"Right then. It's settled. Let's hit that road!"

Then we left. I can't wait to meet the rest of Diversity!