Chapter 11 - Mysteries

Okay don't get me wrong I love dancing. It's a great way I can just be free and sometimes I surprise myself with what my body can do! But dancing is not something I like to concentrate on. To be honest, I kind of find it quite distracting from my life. It sounds weird I know but trust me, dancing and I just never go well together in the end, so being caught doing it is not a great sign.

"Oh hey Perri fancy seeing you here." I said trying to distract him as well as myself from the embarrassing.

"Well it is our rehearsal studio Chants," he replied with a slight chuckle. "Fancy seeing you here too... dancing?"

Nicely played Kiely. Nicely played.

"Um... well... you see I was..."  I couldn't spit anything out. My smart witty commentary has disappeared. Actually, no it hasn't.

"Just go away Kiely leave me alone. And if you tell anybody about this I swear you WOULD know what hit you, because her name is Chantel and she's not joking. Got it?!" I said sternly. Okay the poor guy looked taken back at my random outburst, but this whole thing is a serious deal I can't allow anyone to know about this, it's too risky!

"Okay fine, I'll just leave you to it then."

I feel so bad. I mean, just the other day he basically asked me to out with him and I was all for it. Now, I'm screaming down his throat about something I'm doubtful about but he's doing it as a career and loves it. He probably hates me now! What have I done? I stayed upstairs for a few more minutes just to cool off and process what just happened. I then take the courage to go downstairs and try my best to look as lively as possible as if to say nothing bad happened. Even though it did...

I try my best to look around briefly to see if Perri is in the room as soon as I step on the last step, luckily he's practising his tumbling on the crash mat with Mitchell and everybody seems to be getting on naturally. Which means he listened to my threat, I guess. I walk over to Ashley because I didn't know where else to go at this point. He was sitting by the mirrors on his laptop editing I believe.

"Hey Ashley, are you guys on a break?"

"Yeah I just needed to sort out a part of the music before we carry on. Why, what's up?" He asked curiously.

"Just wondering." I replied simply. Which was true. I didn't come to him for anything in particular.

"I'm fact," I continue. "Can I asked you something?"

"Yeah of course."

"Why didn't you want me to go out with Perri? Like I said it wasn't a date literally just a bite to eat, and don't say what you said the last time about legal things happening because I doubt 'those things' can happen while in a restaurant."

"You'd be surprise what can happen at a restaurant..." he said slightly under his breath but loud enough for me to here. I looked at him as if he were crazy.

"Okay fine, just don't look at me like that ever again. Perri is a good guy don't get me wrong, it's just... how do I put it? His emotions aren't the most enjoyable to cope with."

I can see Ashley was trying to explain in the most confident way without trying to sound rude or over factual towards telling me.

"So he's dramatic...?"

"No, that's not the right word. It's more serious then a little cry over spilt milk. Listen at the end of the day I just don't want you to get hurt okay." And with that he closed his laptop and walked off to plug it into the speaker. Well that was a nice conversation!

Throughout the rest of rehearsal, I was trying to figure out what Ashley meant. The only reason I asked was because maybe there was a different side to Perri then I had seen and I had seen him as a genuinely nice guy who you can have a laugh with. I guess I was mistaken? I don't know. But I kept staring at him trying to figure him out. He caught me a few times but I didn't really care. If he asks why I was staring I would just say I was day dreaming or something. But I just needed to know the truth. Who knew this whole experience would turn into a murder mystery!?