Asked To The Dance

After reading Lance's "apology" letter, I was rendered speechless. Why would he want to apologize? After all egoistic people like him don't know what apology really means.

I quickly hit the shower and swam in my flooded thoughts. Why did Lance call Zayn dangerous. What were those "past issues" Zayn was talking about?

After bathing I clad myself in a black lace top and a long purple chevon skirt. I grabbed my book bag and headed for Chem class. Chemistry class is not my favorite though but I don't get mixed up like the others. I get straight A's basically every time.

I got to class a little too early. There were a few other people seated. Just Michael Cuse,the automatic smartass, Janice Sullivan,the odd girl with huge anger management issues(worse than Lance's) and Dashn Friduas,the French slut who was at that moment using her chewing gum as her part time yo yo.

I grabbed a seat at the back of the class and began checking for any sign of gum under my table or chair when I noticed Lance and a short dark boy enter.

I rolled my eyes and took a sketch pad from my book bag,while sharpening my pencil I felt a tiny piece of paper strike my arm. I turned only to see Lance Mande with a huge smirk on his face. He mouthed a "hello" to me but I ignored him and turned my attention back to my sketch pad.

"Hey, I said I was sorry," he groaned as he sat on a table in front of mine. "I know I saw the letter ,"I shot with an undoubtable fake smile. "I'm actually really sorry about this morning's incident,"he said sounding slightly bummed. "Whatever," I said still with my eyes fixed on my artwork.

"So what are you doing there?,"he asked. "Drawing," I answered a little too straight forward. "It doesn't feel like my presence is being wanted here," he said with a cute smile. "Think what you want to but I didn't say nothing," I defended myself but really wanted him to leave.

"And how was your day,"Zayn asked as we walked to the Cafeteria. "Just a normal day,nothing interesting taking place," I answered and adjusted my book bag strap. "How was yours," I asked. He pulled out a seat for me and I sat down and mouthed a thank you for his act. "T'was ok but I have a slight problem,"he answered and pulled out a Diet Coke from his bag.

"Oooo.....problems,they always come and go don't worry about this one," I said trying to encourage him not to be bothered. "You don't want to know my problem,"he questioned while playing with the strands of his beard.

"Okay...i'm all ears Mister," I said laughing. He stared at me for a moment which I found awkward so I decided to break the unearthly silence by hitting his arm.

"Ouch that stung,"he yelped as his arm jerked. "You little crybaby,"i teased. "Okay back to serious business what is your problem?," I asked.

"Umm... I was just wondering if you would like to go to this years dance with me,"he said as his cheeks flushed. Aaaww that was so cute,he just asked me to go to the Full Moon Dance with him.

"How was that a problem?," I asked. "If I don't go with you who else can I go with," I continued and we both burst into laughter.

"Just promise you ain't going to brown me....you know it's a boy thing," I added making him laugh even harder. "I promise my princess I will pick her from her dorm and that shall be where I will drop safe and sound,"he said whiles raising his palm.

"Zayn...could I ask you something?,"
"Yeah go on,"he answered and held my hand while fiddling with my extra tiny fingers. "Well I just wanted to know what you have with the Mande brothers ,"I stated a bit nervous. "Oh...I knew this question was on its way,"he said a little agitated. "It's okay if you don't want to talk about...".

"No....i think I should tell you,"he pitched in and opened the door to Carlitos.

We found a booth a little at the corner just the way I like it. "Okay so Lance fell in live with my little sister Candace....I didn't like their relationship at all tbh. I threatened him a few times and they were to no avail. He started making her disrespect me,she was missing class on a reg basis and they moved out of the school campus to live in some damn campus all under the influence of Lance Mande,"he narrated.

"So why aren't you guys in good terms tho'," I asked so intrigued by the way Lance had a high command in Candace's life.

"Well...there was a fire in their cabin two days after I fought with her because her grades were drastically dropping and The Mande brothers have always blamed me for that fire,"he added with a sigh.

"It could have been bad electrical work since it was a cabin," I said trying to figure how the cabin would have gotten burnt. "That's what the police said," he muttered and face palmed.

"I am so sorry Zayn," I copied while rubbing his back.

That story was a major! Why would Lance think Zayn was that heartless. How was he supposed to take that pain all on his own.