Chapter 3

"The clock states that it is 4:57a.m. You've been awake all night. You should get some rest." - My Auto-Responder recalls me, for the 500 time already. I drop the shades next to the laptop in an act of frustration.

"Ow. Be careful, will you?" - AR groans with his annoying robotic voice.

"Dude, stop being so dramatic. You're a robot. You can't feel shit." - Now I was the one groaning. I whip my eyes to keep the open as I continued typing on the laptop.

My AR brightens up again. - "You could have brought your mythic book to California so you would have saved the trouble of hacking into your own computer to get them."

"How the fuck was I supposed to know I was going to need them after I encountered a merman? How was I even supposed to know that I was going to encounter a merman anyways?!" - I grown louder, trying to let my frustration out with a robotic copy of mine in a pair of shades. I run my hands through my hair taking deep breaths.

"The probability of encountering a mythical sea critter was of 0.0000007%. But due that you already encountered one increases the probability to a 1.00784099%."

I inhaled a huge chunk of hair and exhale. I feel the urge to break the shades in half, but I actually need him right now.

"Ok fine whatever." - I grab the shades and connected them to the laptop. - "I know you're going to take awhile, but I seriously need you busy. Now don't say anything please or I'll shut you down."

"Ha. You should hear yourself. What kind of stupid shit threatens some shades? What are you? Nuts?" - AR's robotic voice rustled through the room.

"It's either that, or I'll invite Siri over." - I smirk in a rather devilish way.

"Oh no. Not her." - AR's voice now sounded preoccupied. I couldn't help but to chuckle.

"Well now, get hacking."

"Hacking complete."

"What the fuck?"

Oh right. I last updated it a few weeks back. I guess it boosted his data. I sometimes forget how genius of a guy I am, honestly.

I type in my mythical text books and they pop out on the screen. Over 8,956 pages worth of books. Well, who needs sleep anyways?

-

-

-

I feel as the rays of the sun are touching my eyelids. I open them slowly, only to find the light coming out from the window shut them closed again. I rub my eyes and I let out a yawn. I felt asleep over the laptop. And I realized it because of the pool of drool I left at the keyboard. Shit... I look for a napkin or a cloth on my desk to clean the drool, and I found a coffee mug with a post-it stuck to it.

"Hey Dirk,

I went to the market to buy some stuff for the kids. Don't tell them tho. Its a surprise ;) I'll be back in a few hours so try not to wreck the house with your GAYNESS lol!

~Roxy <3

P.S.: Breakfast is in the micro btw. And sorry in advance if the coffee sucks ;("

I take a peek at the smudgy liquid inside the mug. It... sort of looks like coffee. Smells like it too. I take a sip and the bitter taste of it took over my taste buds. I spit it out of my mouth and tried to take out the disgusting flavor out of my tongue just by a wipe with my hand.

I slide the mug to my desk as far as I could. At least she tried.

I grab my Rainbow Dash thunder/lighting logo thingy shirt (lmao) and tug it on me, since I'm only wearing my orange pj pants. I get out of my room and I walk towards the kitchen. I might take a shower later. But right now, I'm starving!