Chapter 2

**#1 Duvainel's bedroom #2 Duvainel's horse Durel #3 Outside of Duvainel's kingdom #4 throne room #5 Nìdel the maiden and best friend #6 what Duvainel is wearing #7 Captain Duron of the Dûrwood army #8 Leader of Entertainment and brother of Nìdel; Aredhel, Music: "Runaway" by Beats Antique**

It was the rise of a new morning, my faithful maiden and personal friend Nìdel woke me up earlier than usual, and now she was helping me dress up for the day. it's going to be a very long day, and maybe a 7 day long journey to Mirkwood. Nìdel is a very beautiful elleth, with long black hair and dark eyes, very pale soft skin which glowed in the sun. Us in Dûrwood are known for being dark haired elves, and ofcourae fobd of everything sad and mysterious, hence the name Dûrwood, which in Sindarin meant Dark, so our kingdom is known as Darkwood. Our clothing style have always been known to be consisting of lots of black, lace, and alot of leather.

My elven servants were getting everything ready for the journey, and were preparing the carriage for me. Sitting infront of my vanity Nìdel is brushing my hair, and slowly a smirk creeps onto her lips. I frown at Nìdel, "What is so funny Nìdel? Did I miss the joke?", Nìdel looks up at me from the vanity mirror and replies, "oh, nothing that important Duvainel,...it's just the fact that you are going to Mirkwood,.... and furthermore about the fact that you have to become friends with Thranduil,... it's ironic isn't it? The one place you said you would never set foot on, and now you were ordered to live in and become friends with the person you hate the most", I roll my eyes, I must admit that she was right, I am pretty sure Nìdel remembers our childhood, and how much Thranduil and I used to fight all the time even though our families were allies and friends. And funny enough Nìdel and I have been friends that long enough as well. Even if I have been queen since I was 1,000 years old Nìdel and I are about the same age, and have been the best of friends. Now I am 6,000 years old and I have not warmed up to the idea of ever Thranduil and I becoming allies or even friends. "You are right Nìdel darling, if I had a choice between becoming friends with Thranduil, or eating orc flesh, I would sacrifice myself and eat the orc flesh", Nìdel looked up at me wideeyed, as she saw in my face that I was only playing, we both began to laugh uncontrollably. Nìdel finally finished my hair, and I gracefully stood up from the vanity. Carefully she grabbed my red hooded cape and placed it carefully on me. I turned my gaze to Nìdel and smiled, "What the fuck would I do without you my darling Nìdel? You must come with me to Mirkwood, you can't possibly leave me alone on the hands of that ogre", she smiled and we both began to laugh, "It would be my pleasure to be with you my queen 'til the end of days In a non lesbian way", I gave her a surprised face and gave her a playing slap on the shoulder as we both began to laugh.

Gracefully we walked out of my castle to the front where my carriage was parked, I smiled as I saw the captain of my army and trusted advisor Duron waiting for me next to the carriage door along with my leader of entertainment and Nìdel's brother Aredhel, funny enough Duron's father was captain of my fathers army when he ruled, so it is rather natural that he would be of my army. He is half elf and half man, his father was an elf which fell in love with the daughter of a king of men, so he did not have the pointed ears like us and has facial hair. But he has the speed, strength, and intelligence of an elf. As for Aredhel he is the king of anything that had to do with the arts of music and entertainment, because of him and ofcourse because of coming back from the Outer Earth after a 10 years absence from Middle Earth, we have only arrived back 5 years ago, and we brought back music and singing but not how it is done here in Middle Earth. We traveled all over the Outer Earth, from India to Europe, and everywhere else, as we got music from allover and customs, so our way to express ourselves in words also changed. Since I fell in love with alot of their customs, cultures and music I decided to make Aredhel leader of entertainment, we always make our arrivals to absolutely anywhere to be noticed with a BANG!.

Duron gave a slight bow before speaking, "My queen Duvainel, a pleasure to see your beauty once again", I chuckled and hugged Duron tightly I felt like he was the brother I never had. I slowly released the hug and looked upon his face, "the things you say Duron, you know damn well you don't have to speak to me as a servant, but as a friend, and most certainly do not have to flatter me with beautiful words, but,....if you insist", we began to laugh, I turned my gaze to Aredhel and we both bowed slightly at each other with a smile, "pleasure to see you my queen, we are already for or departure", Smiling I respond, "Very well, let's get the heck out of here", I turned back to Duron as he stretched out a hand to me, I gracefully took his hand and got in the carriage. He stretched out his hand to Nìdel and helped her in as well.

Slowly but surely we began making our journey to Mirkwood.