Chapter 8

Harry's P.O.V.

I walked in the door of the dark club, straight into the intoxicating smell of alcohol and sweat. I felt my body relax as I made my way to the bar where I could see Horan and Payne sitting down, sipping on their drinks.

"Ah, Styles!" Horan turned in his chair to face me as I sat on the stool next to him, "out for some fun tonight, then?"

I motioned for a beer to the bartender before sternly responding,  "I'm always up for fun."

I passed some money to the bartender as he sat the bottle in front of me. Horan quickly clinked his bottle against mine before announcing, "To a night of fun, lads."

Turning to Payne, he did the same, making him chuckle, while I shook my head at his antics. He was still very new to this way of life, and was more carefree than I had ever been.

"What is the plan for fun tonight, Styles?" Payne asked, indulging in Horan's excited spirit.

"She hasn't walked in the door yet," I told him, surveying the room. "I'll be sure to tell you when the fun starts."

This awarded me a sly smile from Horan who enjoyed trying to get every single lady's attention most nights when he went out. I took a mouthful of beer, letting the bitterness linger before swallowing. Closing my eyes, I let myself forget about the events of today, feeling the tenseness in my back fade away.

"Do you think that could be fun?" I heard Horan ask from next to me, making me open my eyes and look at him, to see him gesturing toward the door, eyebrow raised.

I really shouldn't have been surprised to see her slim body, in towering heels and a tight dress. Matt was eagerly by her side, trailing along as if he were on some sort of leash. It was starting to become a common occurrence, but it didn't stop me from groaning loudly, and downing half of my drink at once. I turned my back to the door.

"You'd think one night with not having to put up with Black wouldn't be too much to ask," I muttered under my breath, drinking the last of my drink and motioning for another to the bartender.

"Fair warning Styles, they're headed this way." I grimaced as Payne whispered to me, accepting the new bottle and handing over more money.

"Hey, Harry is it?" I heard Matt's cheery voice next to me, turning I put on a smile, watching as he leaned against the bar and ordered two drinks.

"Hey, didn't expect to see you guys here." I responded, trying to keep as much malice out of my voice as possible. I watched as Black stood next him, looking at us without saying a word. Matt handed her a drink and they walked away.

"Styles, how cute," Horan said, "looks like Matt wants to be friends with you."

I sat in silence as Payne and Horan sat there laughing, before Horan gave me a few friendly claps on the back.

Turning back around on my bar stool, I watched the door, observing new arrivals. There wasn't anyone catching my eye, but I noticed a group of girls standing close that were watching me. In the center of the pack, there was a blonde giggling slightly before being pushed forward by her friends. Pretending not to notice, I turned around to get Horan's attention.

"Hey Horan, how do you feel about blondes?" I watched him process my question, before responding, "They're great?"

I smiled at him, "Great. There's one coming over."

As he gave me an appreciative grin, I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I came face to face with the girl I spotted a few minutes ago. She smelt strongly of alcohol and her makeup was slightly smudged around her eyes. Her bright red lipstick fading at her inner lips, suggesting she'd been here drinking for a while.
"Hi, my name is Candice," she purred softly, leaning a little too close and resting her hand on my arm.