4

*Third Person POV*

"What the fuck are you doing?" Lana asks trying to suppress the panic in her voice.

"I-I can explain." Ace looks at her with a terrified expression.

"You don't need to." Lana gives her a sympathetic look. "But I am going to find you help."

"Help?"

"I've caught on to how you never eat, I've seen all the drugs and alcohol hidden around your apartment, and I just caught you gagging yourself." Lana says and takes a deep breath in. "You need help if you want to live past 27."

"I know." Ace whispers trying to hold back sobs. "But why do you want to help me?" She suddenly gets angry.

"I care."

"You barely know me." Ace rolls her eyes.

"I know enough about you to care. Ace you're an amazing girl, and you could be even more amazing if you could leave all this shit behind."

"I don't need you." Ace pushes Lana out of her way and walks into her bedroom.

"Being stubborn won't turn me away." Lana follows her.

"I don't get why you care!" Ace yells and winces at the pain it caused in her chest.

"If I tell you, you don't have to pretend to feel the same way or anything, okay?"

"Okay?" Ace says rudely.

"Ace, I've fallen for you in this past little while." Lana looks at her desperately waiting for a reply. Ace doesn't say a word, or change her expression. But she steps closer and reaches her hand out to her face. Lana remains still unsure of what Ace's next move is. Ace quickly wraps her arms around Lana's neck and pulls her closer to her body before kissing her passionately.

"I've fallen for you too." Ace whispers in her ear.

"I'm going to get you help." She says softly into Ace's ear.

"Thank you." Ace's voice cracks and she lays her head on Lana's shoulder and begins to cry.

*

"Hey Ace?"

"Yeah?" Ace answers and rolls over. She squints at the bright light of Lana's laptop.

"I found a really great place for you. I emailed them and we could go check it out in the morning."

"Liz I'm scared." Ace cuddles into her side.

"Why?"

"I'm afraid of coming out a completely different person. I'm afraid of leaving you."

"You shouldn't be afraid of losing me, or yourself. I'll visit as often as I can, I promise I won't go anywhere." Lana kisses the top of Ace's head softly.

***

"This place looks nice from the inside. But you walk in and it looks similar to a prison." Ace says as soon as they walk in the front doors of the rehab facility.

"Have you ever been in a prison?" Lana giggles.

"No, but I've watched every episode of Orange is the New Black."

"This looks nothing like a prison." Lana wraps her arm around Ace. "Hi, I emailed you guys last night and we made an appointment to tour the facility." Lana tells the lady at the front desk.

"Yes, Ace?" The lady asks.

"Yeah, my-"

"Girlfriend." Ace cuts Lana off. "I'm Ace."

"Hi, nice to meet you two." The woman takes time to shake their hands. "I'll take you around to show you the place, then we will have a meeting to discuss what's going on and what we have to offer." The lady gets up from behind the desk. She takes them around and tells them about every area of the facility.

*

"Alright, so why are you interested in checking in here?" The nice woman, who's name is Emma asks Ace.

"Ooo too personal." Ace answers.

"You have to tell us if you want to check in, how else will we help you?" Emma laughs.

"It's alright, you can tell her Ace." Lana rubs her back to comfort her.

"Can you tell her?" Ace whispers. Lana lets out a small laugh, because Ace is acting like a child.

"Okay," Lana sighs. "Ace has a few things she wants to correct. The first, which is the worst problem is eating disorders."

"Anorexia and bulimia?" Emma asks before getting a nod from Lana and typing something into her computer. "What else?"

"Alcohol and drug abuse." Lana glances over at Ace, who is staring off into space.

"Is that it?"

"Depression and anxiety." Lana answers.

"She's loaded." Emma gives Lana an awkward smile and they both look over at Ace who is humming and doing her own little dance in the chair. Emma and Lana share a look and Emma puts more information into her computer. "How about we check her in on Thursday?"

"That's tomorrow." Lana bites her lip.

"Oh yeah, tomorrow."

"That's quick."

"You can bring her in tomorrow night and stay until she gets settled in. She will be able to wear her own clothing during her stay and bring what she needs to make her comfortable. We aren't as restricting as others."

"That will be perfect for her. She was afraid of feeling trapped."

"I think you made a good decision with bringing her here, she will enjoy it and recover quickly."

"I really hope so." Lana sighs.

"You two have a good rest of your day." Emma waves them off as they leave the facility.

*

"Did you sneak something before we came?" Lana asks Ace once they are in the car and on the road.

"No." Ace answers quietly while looking down at her lap.

"Don't lie, please?"

"I did something." Ace shrugs.

"What did you do?"

"I smoked weed." Ace says so quietly Lana almost didn't hear it.

"When? I was with you the entire time!"

"In the shower."

"In the shower!?"

"Yeah."

"And this is why you're staying at that place starting tomorrow night."

"I bet you just can't wait to dump me off and get rid of me!" Ace yells at her.

"That's not what I meant." Lana says in a calmer tone this time.

"Then what do you mean?"

"I just can't wait to really get to know you, the sober you. Enjoy times when you aren't high or drunk. I want to see you in a healthy condition. I want to see you smile for real. I want to fall in love with you, the real you." Lana says.

"Oh..." Ace says and looks out her window and they ride in silence the rest of the way back.

~~~~ Thanks for reading! Sorry for the extremely slow updates, I have like four other stories to come up with ideas for as well as this one, and I usually have writers block :| Anyway, please vote and leave a comment! ~~~~