{1} Player, Player

(Lucy, AKA Skye ^)

I know it's a bit of a slow start, but please, give it a chance!  I hope you enjoy my story, and give it the opportunity to go from boring, or average, to a story you love!  Don't forget to let me know how I can get to that point :) 

"Hey, Skye?" my best friend, Lilly, called for me as she twisted her hair in various forms, trying to get her hair ready for her date night. I hummed in response, prompting her to continue on. "You don't think I'm acting too forwardly, right?"

I took a hard look at my best friend before chuckling softly, shaking my head, "Of course not, Lil's."

Lilly always got so hung up on whether she chose the right guy to go out with, or whether he was just trying to use her. It's a wonder how she gets so many dates, with all this worrying she goes through before actually getting to the date. I swear, this girl has a checklist, and if the poor lad doesn't live up to her expectations, she was out. If only she loosened up a bit, she'd be perfect.

"Skye, why haven't you gone on a date lately?" she questioned as I helped her fix her hair, eyeing my best friend through the mirror. Her dark skin contrasted against my olive toned one, and her light, hazel nut eyes complimented my ivory green ones. She was gorgeous, it's no wonder why so many guys fell head of heels for her.

"I just haven't been interested in anybody lately, besides... Nobody has asked me out in a while."

"Well, we have to fix that!" she smirked mischievously. "And I think I know just the guy..."

"Lilly!" I groaned, but not without a slight giggle at the thought. "I don't want to go on a blind date. Thanks, but no thanks."

"No! Just trust me. If my date works out tonight, I'm taking you out on a double date with us. No ifs, ands or buts! Got it?"

"Alright, alright. He better not be some freak, though. I don't want to repeat Halloween!"

We both chuckled at the awful memory. Poor ol' Jared, he was a good three or four inches shorter than me, and when he went to ask me to dance, his face was eye-level with my chest. Let's just say, he kept his oogling very obvious. We haven't really talked since then.

"I promise, this one is the perfect gentleman!"

◦◦◦☪◦◦◦

About a week later, Lilly and I were sitting outside our college campus before class, nibbling on some food.  Apparently, Lilly's date went more than 'perfect', as she stated.  Unfortunately, considering he was her newfound eye candy, it seemed like all Lilly talked about was how amazing he was. His name was Adam, and she drowned on and on about how was going to a medical school in the city. Sounded like she had a real keeper on her hands. Still, it only reminded me about how my lack of relationships really sucked sometimes. I hummed in response every time she spoke, but whether I like to admit it or not, I wasn't listening. I brushed my fingers through my dark brown hair, wishing it would just stay straight for one day in my life. It always had the tendency to curl at the ends, fueling my hair-frustration. Hairstration? Frair? Frusthairtion?

"Skye? Skye!"

I blinked multiple times before snapping back into reality. Was I really just trying to combine the words 'hair' and 'frustration' instead of venting about boys with my best friend? What kind of girl was I? Not to mention that I had started to mindlessly chew on the ends of my hair, as if I was a toddler. Jesus, what was wrong with me today?

"Oh? Yeah! Yeah! Stuff about Adam, yeah... What was it again?"

"Actually, I was trying to focus more so on you. But if you insist-"

"No! No! What were you saying?" I continued, batting my eyelashes innocently before she cracked a smile in return.

"You remember that double date I mentioned a few nights back? Well... I brought it up to Adam, and he says he'd be cool with it."

Oh god. "Alright."

Suddenly, my Tuna Salad went from unappealing to the focus of my attention. I hated being set up on dates, but it seemed to be Lilly's favorite thing. As if I couldn't get my own date!

Well, it has been well over a year now...

"What do you say? We could go skating!"

"How 80s-esque, a double date at a roller rink!  I think that sounds perfect, don't you think that sounds perfect, Lilly?  Nothing could go wrong with that plan!" I drowned out sarcastically, falling dramatically by her.  Even so, she didn't quite catch on to my sarcasm.

"Exactly!  It's going to be amazing." she squealed, causing me to mentally recoil. She definitely had enough 'bubble' in her for the both of us.

I sighed, not letting this get any further in the planning process.  She was starting to get her motivated look, and once she got motivated, there was no going back.

"Lilly, look. It's super sweet of you, but--"

"No! Remember, no ifs, ands, or buts! I swear, he's a... sweetheart?  Yeah."

Something in her tone sounded off, causing me to raise a brow in protest. "Why do you sound so hesitant then?"

"The only thing is, well... How do I word this? He's not a jerk, I swear. He just, gets around I guess."

"So, you're hooking me up with a player?" I groaned and shook my head. "No way."

"He's not a player! Not once has he cheated in any way or form when he got into a relationship. It's just, said relationships are extremely rare. What I mean by getting around is, he's a flirt. He likes to have a good time, isn't that what you want?"

I eyed her cautiously before shrugging, "I guess. Just not with some guy who has more girls on his phone than I could count."

"Give him a choice. If all else fails, you at least went on a date. Did I mention that he was drop dead gorgeous?"

"Then why didn't you go for him?"

"It's a long, complicated story. But it was for no real reason in particular, just, try to give him a chance."

I sighed and crumpled my paper bag up, nodding slowly, "Fine. But how do you even know he'll agree?"

"Oh, babe, he was willing to go on this date the second I told him your name."

"Huh," I furrowed my brows. "I wonder why... What's his name, anyway?"

"Dimitri... Dimitri Scott."

"Dimitri, huh?" I hummed, letting the name roll off my tongue naturally.  Something about his name was mysterious, and alluring.  But what confused me the most was why a guy who could, apparently, get any girl he wanted, but jumped on the idea of some blind date without question.

_______

Hey guys, sorry if this is a rough start.  I just need to get the story going before I get to the really good stuff, so I hope you stick around for it.  I don't ask this every chapter, but I'd like it if you vote (if you enjoyed it), commented your opinions, and maybe even helped the story grow.  I love all kinds of feedback.  Thanks :) 

~Brianna