{3} Second Dates

Hey guys!  Please remember to comment on the chapters, and vote if you enjoy them :) Love you.  Also, Lilly and Adam^

{Dimitri's Point of View}

Arriving back to my house, I let out a long sigh before falling onto the sofa. I watched the ceiling fan whirl around in an endless cycle, getting lost in my own reverie. This girl, Lucy, she was amazing. She was funny in ways she didn't think herself to be, and her composure had me astounded at all times. I had one name to go by to try and find my mate in this big ol' world, and the chances of it being her were so unlikely, her being so close to where I was born, but I had almost no doubt. I traveled the world to try and search for the perfect Lucy, but came up short. How could I have missed her? It made no sense.

"Dimitri," I heard my sister, Julianne, call from the hallway.

"What?" I groaned out, my thoughts barely breaking away from this girl long enough to conjure up a response.

"How'd it go?" she questioned, jumping by me happily. "Was this the right Lucy?"

"I believe so," I grumbled out a response, meeting her stare hesitantly.

"Did you bring it up to her?" she questioned hastily, nudging me playfully.

"What? Hell no! She's not one of us, she probably has no clue how any of this works. I need to ease my way into it. Besides, I'm not quite sure if it's the right thing to tell her..."

"How are you not quite sure, Dimitri? Isn't it kind of obvious? You need to tell her before someone snatches her up. Humans are pretty impatient, yeah?"

"Yes, it is. But I've just met this girl. If I just scream it in her face, with no warning, she'll run for the hills. I wouldn't call humans impatient, I'd just say they scare easily.."

"I just don't get why'd you wait! Aren't mates supposed to be, y'know, understanding? Human or not, a mates a mate."

"It's not like I exactly went through a class that taught me step-by-step on how to get your human mate to trust you, Jules. You had it easy, your mate was already werewolf. Nobody really focused on a human mate because it's so damn rare."

"Well, it's more or less the same. You feel allured to this girl, right?" she began, continuing when I nodded. "It's been, what, less than an hour since the date? I'll bet you ten bucks she's been inside your head ever since."

"Why does this suddenly sound like a horror movie?" I teased her, she was never good with her words.

"You get me, right?"

"Yeah, I understand."

"Good, you better not let this one slip away. You only get one of these!"

I rolled my eyes in response, watching as she hopped up. She was barely a year older than me, and she found her own mate well before me. I had started to worry that I was destined to go on without one, but this girl... She just might be the answer I've been looking for.

There was just one question, though... Why human? It's so rare that true mates are interbred. Of course, it's not impossible, it's happened many-a-times throughout history, it's just something that hasn't been heard of in quite some time. Especially in our pack.

◦◦◦☪◦◦◦

The following day, I fidgeted with my phone carefully. What do I even say? Texting wasn't exactly my specialty, but in my defense, I never had to text. The only people I really talked to were fairly easy to get in contact with.